Apologizes

Lance POV

I need to see Keith again. I feel horrible about everything that happened. It is all my fault if Pidge, Hunk, and I hadn't looked for ghosts, then we wouldn't have hurt him more than he already has.

Sneaking out is not my favorite thing, but my parents would never let me go to Keith. He is all over the news and protests about what to do with the giant. He's not really a secret anymore.

The woods are terrifying in the dark, but I have to push through. I really wish I brought a friend along instead of a phone flashlight.

There are noises everywhere, from leaves shuffling and various animals. Keith doesn't really have a specific place to call home, but he mainly stays in the middle of the woods.

Light snores start emitting from ahead of me. That means Keith is nearby unless it is another giant, highly unlikely, but I'm not sure.

I trip over something and fall face-first into the ground. I groan in annoyance and get up. I feel what it was, and it was fluffy and purple.

A smile appears on my face, and I go to Keith's face.

His ears are droopy from sleep, and he looks so peaceful. Keith starts to whimper quietly and squints his eyes. It seems like he's having a nightmare.

"Keith, wake up!" I beg.

Keith's eyes open wide, and he grabs me and sits up. His eyes are glowing, and so is my arm. I notice that under his eyes are tears.

"L-Lance, why a-are you here?" Keith sniffles.

"I wanted to apologize for everything," I admit. "But why are you crying?"

Keith hesitated before answering.

"I just had a nightmare about the beans in uniforms," Keith mumbled.

"Beans? Why would you have a nightmare about beans?" I asked.

"Are you seriously asking me why?" Keith growled.

"What is a bean then?" I frowned.

"You are a bean. How do you not know that?" Keith grunted.

"Ohh, you mean being!" I stated.

"No, just bean." Keith declared.

I rolled my eyes and smirked about how stubborn he is.

"Well, would you like to tell me about your nightmare?" I requested.

"Uh, no..." Keith mumbled.

"Oh, okay. But as I was saying, I came here to apologize." I said.

"Why would you apologize?" Keith asked.

"I brought you all of this pain. If I-we hadn't found you, then you would be safe and happy, and I'm so sorry for everything..." I sniveled.

It was silent with only the sound of the night.

"Lance, you shouldn't be sorry for giving me happiness and excitement. Before I met you, I would just lounge all day and sleep, but I had something to look forward to every day, and I still do since I met you."

I hadn't realized I was crying until Keith was finished talking. He licked me to feel better, and it was disgusting, but I don't care.

Keith POV

My nightmare was about beans hurting Lance, and I couldn't do anything about it. All I could do was watch as Lance bleed out, and beans would beat and electrocute him.