53. The Collision

CHAPTER 53: The Collision

I give Edmund a stern look. He crosses his bare, muscular, tantalizing arms. Biceps clenching. Veins straining, he blinks slowly for effect, "I don't condone this." He says to me, shaking his head in annoyance, still wearing the shorts he wore to bed last night as we're up right now at four in the morning; he was trying with difficulty to persuade me out of wanting to speak to the only person who could tell us if the fire in Principal Jewel's former officer was a gas leak or another potential target.

Edmund didn't like the idea one bit.

I sigh in defeat, "He might know if it was Borne who set the fire because after everything else...this can't have been an accident." I murmur, biting my bottom lip in thought.

He narrows his eyes in concentration, straightening the duvet on the bed, "We could always try talking to Borne. That one deserves another fist in the head." He mutters the last part under his breath.

I give him a raised eyebrow, "I wish I could have seen that one too." I say slyly.

He snaps those silver eyes straight to me, pursed lips. He shakes his head scoffingly, "Of course, Marvin told you. Did he tell you what the fucker said too?" He says sharply.

I fold my arms, "Edmund, Darling. Marvin didn't tell me anything." I say to him.

He runs a hand through his hair. I slowly stepped towards him, tapping the pole holding up the transparent curtains around the bed, which was situated in the far corner. He keeps his profile to me. As his muscles strain and fingers clench, I watch how his body reacts to my closeness. He stares down at the bed, "Borne deserved what he got." He mutters, shoving one of the pillows in the middle.

I take a slow seat on the bed, crossing one bare leg over the other. He grits his teeth, "Lemon." He says my name slowly. I lie down gently, stretching my arms out, tapping his hip bone with the side of my foot. He gives me an indecipherable look with a mix of disbelief, "Stop it." He murmurs.

I shrug against the duvet, "I'm not doing anything."

I shriek when he's suddenly hovering above me, his movements are inhumanly fast before giggling at the sight of his predatory eyes set solely on me, "This will not persuade me." He says lowly, still not touching me as he trails his eyes around mine.

I lean up slowly, just a breath away from his lips, "What if I promised, when all of this is over, once we've perhaps even graduated....to marry you? Though, I wouldn't take this as a bribe to see Forthright, given I planned on saying 'yes' anyway." I say to him. He tenses above me. I smile, wrapping my arms around his neck and molding my lips to his in a swift gesture. He puckers his lips against mine as he leans me further into the duvet.

Before his lips leave mine, he raises an eyebrow, "Seducing me? My, how the tables have turned, lemon." He says to me, tapping my thigh lightly as he stands, I drop my smile, shaking my head at him as he leans over to grab the last pillow.

I place one hand on one hip. He turned momentarily, ready to get his clothes for a shower, "Edmund, either way-we're going to have to talk to this guy, even if neither of us like him. We still need answers, and he has those answers at the current, unfortunate moment." I try to reason.

He steps around me, unblinking, and removes his pants, dropping them straight to his ankles, I roll my eyes at his suggestive manoeuvres to try and divert me. He flicks on the waterfall shower head, still with me at the door frame, "I'd rather go snooping through his office, even hack his laptop." He suggests.

I tilt my head, "I've already done that. He has nothing on any file relevant to this."

He shrugs, turning towards me, still wholly exposed under the water, running a hand through his raven strands, "A second pair of eyes wouldn't hurt, lemon." He says before gesturing me closer. I narrow my eyes, moving one step closer. He gives me a deadpanned look, gesturing again.