The Beginning

Sabine Wu-San. The most dangerous woman in the world, hated her line of work. In all honesty, she just wanted to raise a family. She and her twin Sandra, along with their best friend Tomoe Tusurgi formed the infamous 3 Ladies.

One day on a mission in Japan, their target managed to spray something in Tomoe's face and blinded her. And Lady Gozen 'died' on a mission. After Tomoe left the two sisters fought more and more. One day after visiting Tomoe the two sisters walked into a bakery. And that is when Sabine Cheng was born.

Over the course of a year Tom and Sabine grew closer and fell in love. Sandra loved to tease her sister about how she went from deadly Lady Cheng to a stammering mess whenever Tom looked at her and smiled.

When the two got engaged Sabine told him everything. And he took it surprisingly well. He explained that his mother came from a similar background and would tell him about it growing up. She had even offered to train him, but he turned that down in favor of baking.

In honor of his late father. All he asked was for Sabine to decide what made her happy and even if it wasn't him, he would be happy for her. And the pure love and joy on the twos faces when Sabine walked down the aisle was as radiant as the sun. 

Sandra soon became pregnant with the child of David Cain. Tomoe and Sabine despised the man but put up with him for Sandra. Who to the world was the only surviving member of the 3 Ladies.

Soon after the birth of  Cass, Tomoe fell for a man and ended up marrying him. Sadly he never got to meet his wife's dear friends as he was shot and killed by Talia Al Ghul.

No more than three months before their daughter Kagami was born. Sabine loved her nieces but mourned the fact that doctors believed she would never have a child. So when Sandra and Tomoe would joke that the 3 Ladies would live on she just sat silent. Until a few months after Kagami was born.

When Sabine learned she was pregnant she immediately sat down and called her doctor. And was put on bed rest. Only thing is, she didn't tell Tom.

So when Tom would always tell the story of how Sabine was pregnant, everyone couldn't help but laugh and say 'only Sabine'.

That afternoon Tom had come up to ask Sabine for some help in the bakery. Only to find THE Lady Cheng lying in bed and staring at the ceiling.

"Sabine. What is it? Are you sick? He asked as he felt her forehead. "Don't be silly Tom. You know I'm on bed rest. We must be sure that I have this baby." Tom reeled back in shock. 

"Sabine are you pregnant?" She looked at him incredulous. Then she hit the heel of her hand to her head, "THAT'S what I forgot to tell you. Sorry hun. But yes, I'm pregnant."

At the end of nine months the world greeted Marinette Wu-San Dupain. Both parents agreed Dupain-Cheng was too clunky. After all they were just the Dupain bakery.

When Sandra and Tomoe brought their daughters over to meet her they all smiled. They all looked like triplets. And were all a year apart.

The three girls were essentially raised together. And all three were following in their mother's footsteps. When Marinette was 5 she came to Sabine troubled.

"Maman, I have a crush on someone in my class," Sabine smiled at her daughter and asked, "Who is he?" Marinette sighed and flopped to the floor dramatically, "Maman, it's a GIRL!" Sabine laughed. "Honey, that is perfectly fine. Lot's of girls date girls, you love who you love, no matter what."

A few weeks into the third grade, Sabine was called to the school. "Ms. Dupain, thank you for coming." The headmaster stated as they sat in his office, "If you don't mind, may I ask what this is about?"