The Summer, Let's fly pt 2

Notes**

So warning that there is some Kori bashing in this chapter. Don't get me wrong I love her but the mirage storyline pissed me off. So yeah. She gets bashed to bits.

***

A bright blue light filled the room. When it faded Dick stood in a suit similar to (not YJ the one more like Titans) his Nightwing suit the only major difference being the wings. The wings echoed HawkGirl, they started black and slowly ombré-d down to the Nightwing blue. His fingernails lengthened and formed into talons.

"I HAVE TO SHOW EVERYONE!!"

He turned and bolted towards the cave. Mari laughed and raced after him. She stumbled into the cave just in time to hear Dick scream,

"SHIT! How do I control these!!"

Dick had jumped over the railing intending to land behind Jason but the wings had unfurled and he was rapidly heading for the top of the cave.

"Just think. Use your instincts."

It took all of five seconds for Dick to clip his wing and crash land on top of Tim. He groaned and Jason screamed,

"What the FU-"

"Language Master Jason. Master Dick, please do not go out with the miraculous until you can control the wings."

Alfred smirked from where he stood with Noroo. Tim just shrieked,

"GET OFF OF ME!!"

Marinette couldn't help it, she burst into laughter. Doubling over she disappeared from view before anyone down below saw her. Stephanie ran out of the dressing room screaming,

"HOW THE FUCK DID THE JOKER GET INTO THE CAVE!!"

Unfortunately that set off another fit of laughter from the girl. Who by now was rolling on the ground out of sight. Alfred chuckled at his grandchildren's antics.

"Marinette. Please take a breath. You are going to pass out if you don't."

After a few minutes she had pulled herself together enough to join the rest.

"Hey guys. That was awesome. Dick, you definitely need to train before you leave like that. Go put on your actual suit."

Groaning Dick ran and did as told. Prompting Jason to growl,

"Why does he get one!!"

Marinette just smirked and ran out of the room.

After many, many mishaps Dick was finally able to go on patrol with the wings. As long as he stayed close to Ladybird. He had grumbled at that as he was the senior hero. But nonetheless he agreed.

Laughing he flew alongside Ladybird. As Panther trailed behind the two grumbling about his lack of wings.

You see when Marinette had transformed for the first time in Gotham, her suit had changed. Her arms, legs and back were pitch black along with her mask. The front of her torso and the hood over her now short (pixie cut) blue hair was a deep blood red. Sprouting from her back were red iridescent fairy wings. (Like Tinkerbell)

The two laughed at his grumblings and fell back to flank him. They continued like this for about a half hour. Until a voice crackled over the comms.

'Ladybird, Nightwing, Panther, Red Robin's comms went offline, and his distress signal went off, Sending you the coordinates of his last known location, hurry please. The Joker and The Penguin recently busted out of Arkham, it could be either one of them.'