The Wedding

I love any comments. It brings me joy and any constructive criticism is welcome. I will probably update around once a week. Also I know for those who read my story before I deleted and revised it that there are a lot of changes. I just decided to round the characters out and I wanted to stand out a bit from the other stories by making Marinette a TA. I needed some way for her to be in the classroom but I wanted her to already be in college. And honestly. I am going to focus more on Damian because honestly. He needs the love and care because he grew up knowing if he got close to someone they would be killed. You don't just bounce back from that.

***end of notes***

Damian was tired. Father had lectured him again after school about friends.

He doesn't understand, anyone close to me gets taken away.

He is protecting everyone. No one good survives him.He wants to be friends with Jon. He wants to get to know his brothers. But it isn't safe for them. It isn't safe for anyone.

He should tell his Father maybe even Jason. Jason was with the league. He would understand. But he won't. Not safe. He has to especially be on his guard now.

He remembers a ceremony from when he was 6. He apparently was betrothed. To some girl from the Guardians. Even though they had disappeared. The soothsayers said they would reappear.

And they were set to be married when she was 15. And he was pretty sure they said she would be younger than him.

He could be taken anytime. "Damian, what is going on? What are you hiding from us?" His Father's voice startled him.

"Nothing Father. I have not hidden anything from you." Recently. Dick looked at him concerned.

"Tt. Grayson. Don't look at me like I'm a drowned puppy. Let's just go on patrol." He swept away into the changing rooms.

Hours later near the end of his patrol with Nightwing, it happened. They were ambushed and soon overwhelmed. I could save us. I'd have to kill.

At the thought of killing his throat closed. He hated it. He was weak. Father would be proud.

"ROBIN! Focus." He snapped back to reality. With a yell he lunged. Just as he took down his second opponent he felt a prick in the back of his neck.

As he stumbled and slipped into the darkness he weakly pressed his distress signal.

He woke with a gasp. He was chained to a wall by his wrists and wasn't in his Robin uniform. Rather, he was in the armor he would wear to signify that he was the Heir of the Demon. Complete with the dark green cape. Grayson similarly bound but was still dressed as Nightwing.

Across the room was another figure bound as they were but wore an outfit similar to his. The dress was black and had on the long sleeves and bodice the gold markings his armor bore. It showed the girls shoulders where a red bat symbol was located. The sleeves cut off at her elbows and he could make out black writing on her wrist. The skirt was the dark green of his cape and had one slit from her mid thigh down. Next to her was a cage that contained two creatures. One was red and the other resembled a black cat.

Hearing a groan from beside him he snapped his head to look at Dick. Why did they take him too? "Little D? What is going on?" He swallowed.

"I think I'm getting married? I don't know. Pretty sure Talia will tell us." Dick's eyes darted around the room.

"Who is she?" The urge to roll his eyes was strong. Almost as strong as the urge to facepalm. He was saved from answering by the girl herself.

"She is Marinette Dupain. Now would someone please tell me where we are?" The girl raised her head and looked him in the eyes. There was something familiar about her. Suddenly her eyes widened.