Summer pt 3

She sat stiffly on the bed in the room they gave her. What is the lab doing this time? Taking a deep breath she focused on what her mama had told her. Focusing on the light inside her she imagined the darkness they forced into her being pushed back into a box.

There. That should hold for now. Hopefully Mama finds her soon. She said she had an easier way to hold it back.

Opening her eyes she snapped straight. When had the man pretending to be him walked in? He looked at her sadly. Uncrossing his arms he started to walk towards her. She flinched when his hand went to her shoulder.

"H-h-hey."

"Look. I get it. You don't trust us. You think it's a set up. I was in a similar situation around the time I was your age. But I'm asking you to trust me."

She smiled and nodded. "Okay. Do you like trapeze? Cat-Mother had me learn. Something about you."

Her Dad smiled. "C'mon little bird. Let me teach you some of my moves. Aunt Marinette might help us too."

~

Marinette was already flying on the trapeze when they entered the room. Dick watched as Elizabeth's eyes sparkled with joy and wonder. Spotting them she smiled and ended the routine.

"Heya Dick. Eliza."

Elizabeth giggled. "It's Elizabeth ma'am. But you can call me Eliza if you want."

Marinette chuckled. "I know I'm your aunt but I'm only two years older. Well three years in a month. Call me Nettie. Or Auntie Nettie."

Elizabeth blinked. Turning to her father she asked,

"I thought she was married to Uncle Damian. Is she his sister then?"

Dick chuckled. "Ah. No. She is married to Uncle Damian."

"WHAT THE FRICK FRACK PATTY WACK!! ISN'T THAT ILLEGAL?"

Marinette chuckled. "Yes. It happened in a country where it wasn't though. I'll explain later. Want to learn trapeze from your Dad and I?"

Hours later the three collapsed on the mats exhausted. Damian walked in and burst out laughing.

"Nettie, it's almost time to go."

Marinette jumped up. "SHIT! Stall for me Angel!"

Dick looked at his brother confused as the girl bolted from the room. The younger man shrugged.

"Double date with Jon and Adrienne."

Dick just blinked. "Ummm. Okay." The Ice Prince going on a date? A double date? That's so weird.

Damian left and he turned back to his little girl. "So, what do you want to do?"

She smirked and tugged him towards the sparring mats.

~

Marinette hopped down the hall as she buckled her shoe clasp.

I need to hurry. I can't be late!!

She tripped as she reached the stairs.

"EEP!"

A pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist and shoulders and righted her. She blushed as she looked into his green eyes.

"I-I s-sorry am! Bump into you I didn't-" she groaned and buried her face in her hands. "I'm going to shut up now."

She didn't look up as the two descended the stairs in an effort to conceal her blush. If she had, she would have noticed a matching blush across the boy's face. The two greeted the other couple as they hurried to the car.