Chapter Twenty

A/N:

Hey, team! 

Just a quick PSA: do not take any math past Calc I. Especially as a flipped class. We be dying out here 😃

So, sorry for the hiatus! I was crying over vector fields (see above).

But still, thank you all so much for the comments and votes! Seeing your reactions always makes me smile.

***

You walked into English with your usual blank face, turning towards the wide window as soon as you sat down at your desk. The day was cloudy, hinting at the possibility of a drizzle. The outside world seemed quiet in the grayness of the sky, the pathways deserted as class started.

"(Y/N) (L/N)?"

You glanced to the front of the classroom, jolted from your thoughts by the cheery voice of your English teacher. She waved a small slip of paper in one of her six hands, beckoning you over.

"You have a note," the woman chirped as you approached her desk, handing you the paper.

Appointment scheduled:

Date: Monday

Time: prior to class start

Location: Principal Nezu's office

Additional notes: Ms. (L/N), please pay me a visit before classes on Monday.

You groaned, reading the note as you slid back into your seat. There was no affection lost between you and Nezu. Even if he had taken you in, he was still wary of you and watched over your actions to the point of obsession. Hopefully he hadn't seen you and Bakugou, otherwise you'd really be in some shit.

Deciding to push the meeting from your thoughts, you forcefully stuffed the yellow slip into your bag, not caring if it ripped.

Out of sight, out of mind.

You angled your face in the direction of the window again, watching as the breeze lifted some dead leaves into the air. They tumbled though the wind and were gently carried to a point a few feet away.

A pile of leaves didn't have to deal with Nezu or whatever was happening between you and Bakugou or the tensions between heroes and villains.

What you would give to be a leaf.

***

The steady sound of rain enveloped the halls of U.A. with a calming noise as you exited the doorway of your last class. Rainy days always made you feel sleepy, so you were excited to go back to your dorm and curl up in your warm blankets. It was a Friday, after all, so you could fall asleep without worry.

Suddenly, a strong hand caught your elbow in its grip, roughly jerking you out of your drowsy state as it pulled you from the hallway.

You yelped in surprise as a door swung shut behind you. Looking up, you saw that the perpetrator was none other than your annoying blond stalker himself.

"Bakugou," you seethed through gritted teeth, "what did I say about manhandling me? I--Wait, is this the men's bathroom?!"

Bakugou clicked his tongue, disregarding your comments as he folded his imposing arms across his chest. "Sunday. We're going out," he stated, leaving little room for question.

You blinked. "Huh, wait--what? I never agreed to that," you protested, eyes still jutting nervously towards the door.

Bakugou's red eyes followed the movement of yours, causing him to sigh in annoyance as he realized what you were worried about. "Relax, dumbass. No one's using this bathroom since one of the sinks exploded."