Chapter 9

~AUTHOR'S POV~

"So, you are saying that Namjoon is your brother and Taehyung, your best friend? AND, on top of that, they are now in the same group with whom you have to collaborate. Because of me..."

Soobin Hyung said while muttering the last part under his breath, but you heard it anyways.

"Don't say that Hyung. It's not your fault! You didn't even know that they were related to me, till now. And also, it just has to be this way. Sometimes, things don't go the way you want them to get and then the most unexpected comes to you."

You chuckled sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, Joo-Eun."

He said with his head down staring at his hands, placed in his lap, as he was sitting on the chair by your bed.

"It's really alright, Hyung. You know I'll have to face it one day. And I can't run from my past. Again, I have to face it one day. Also, they say, the sooner, the better. So....yeah."

You said, shrugging and weakly smiling at him.

"Oh you little punk, look at you, all grown up, talking like a fully grown adult."

He said while getting up and hugging you. You smacked his arm lightly.

"I'm an adult, Hyung! Not a kid now! I'm 23 years old and I live on my own!"

You pouted. Acting like a child. Actions contradicting what you just let out.

"But you're still a child in my eyes who is so stupid that -"

You covered his mouth, eyes widening, stopping him from saying further.

Oh, fuck. He still remembers.

"You don't need to remind me that again and again!! That was embarrassing and I'm trying to forget that. So don't bring it up, Hyung."

You said while giving him a death glare.

Gosh, she's scary. He thought.

"fine." he said.

Really? Did he just agree with me?

Am I that scary? Waah...

You thought while grinning widely. The voice of the door opening enticed your awareness. You both glanced towards the door, which opened to indicate the presence of the doctor.

Soobin Hyung smiled at the doctor.

"Hello, Dr Choi" Soobin

"Oh, hello Mr Park. You are here too." Dr Choi

"Well, yeah. I came here as soon as I was informed about this little chicken." Soobin

You side-eyed him, warning him that he won't be let off later by naming you that. Your eyes just gave the look 'you just wait, Mr Nugget'

The doctor nodded while chuckling and then turned his attention towards you. He smiled widely after seeing you awake, 'cause he didn't notice you before and his full interest was on Soobin.

"Ah, Miss Kim, how are you now? Well, You seem to be fine. Let me check your vitals and then I'll tell if you are good to go or not." Dr Choi

"Oh, Dr Choi, I better be or else you won't find me alive."

You joked.

"And why is that?" Dr Choi

"If she hears that I'm not okay, then she'll give me a very good scolding and will make sure that I'm indeed not okay. You know very well how her motherly instincts come out whenever she sees me like this."

You laughed a little remembering about your best friend.

That bitch hasn't called me, yet.

I'm really gonna kill her today.

"Oh, trust me, you don't need to remind me. I still remember when you were here for few days and once the nurse gave you soup, which was, of course, hot, and even then she yelled at her. Poor nurse." Dr Choi

He said while smiling and shaking his head playfully.

"I know. She is impossible sometimes."

"There. All done. Now you are all good to go. Oh and don't forget to keep your inhaler with you. Your condition is still delicate and I'll hand Mr Park, your medicines and other prescriptions. Take that regularly and you'll be all good again and who knows, maybe you'll again win against it. So, take care. I'll be taking off now."

And with that, he left the room. You sighed in relief.

"Oh God, he must love to give a speech."

Soobin smacked your head lightly.

"Ow!! What was that for?!"

You said while stroking the side of your head.

"Shut up you little punk. He told you what you needed to know. So you better shut it before I sew it with a needle and thread." Soobin

You then used your hand to make a gesture implying that you zipped your mouth.

He has no idea what he is getting later.

"Good. Now, one more thing. If YOU forget to take your inhaler with you from now on, you're dead meat. Understood? " Soobin

Okay. I take back what I said. He's scary, man.

You gulped and nodded. He never looked so intimidating as now.

"Great. Now let's go. I have a few more things to discuss with you. We'll discuss on the way to your dorm." Soobin

"Alright, let's go!! I can't stand this place anymore. One more second, and I'll faint."

Soobin could only roll his eyes and shake his head at your comment. And while he was in his world, you left the room in a wink yelling

"hurry, Mr Old potato!!!"

"Yah!! You little punk!! Wait for me! You can't leave without me! You don't even have the car keys! Ha!" Soobin

_____________________________________

(unedited)

Soo...Hope you all liked it!!

Bai.

Stay safe and hydrated.

BORAHAE 💜