Chapter 2

Tommy rolled onto his side and blinked blearily at the stone wall. He shoved his face into his pillow and instantly sat up, spitting out a few feathers. Some were just puffs of a downy tan color while the others were tan with red and gold etched into the edges and down the middle. They were quite pretty. 
When Tommy got out of his bed and shoved his shoes on, he saw how many were on the mattress. Most of them were the downy puffs of fluff. Not many of the prettier ones were scattered around. He stared in awe at the feathers before deciding to look over his shoulder, gasping when he saw his wings.
They now had the same red-gold etched feathers, but they were bigger than they were the day before.
He stretched his wings out and sighed in relief- he had no idea how tense they were.

He turned to his door when he hard footsteps, and Wilbur poked his head in. 

"Oh geez- what happened there?" Wilbur asked, eyes trained first to the feathery mess on Tommy's bed.

"My wings," The blonde said simply. Wilbur glanced over to the teenager's wings and gasped.

"Cool, huh?" Tommy grinned, stretching them out again. Wilbur snorted.

"C'mon, we're waiting for you upstairs. We're going to see if we can get any of our stuff from our old houses."

Tommy nodded and turned to an armor stand, slipping the leggings and boots on. He grabbed the chestplate and thought for a second. It would most likely be uncomfortable, so he put the chestplate back and put his helmet on, then grabbed the last armor piece. He stuck it under one arm and with the other he grabbed his sword belt. Throwing the chestplate on his bed, he put the belt on, then grabbed his sword from a holder on the wall.
He stuck it in its sheath, then grabbed his chestplate again and began to go upstairs.

"Look who's finally awake," Quackity snickered when the blonde appeared at the top of the stairs. Tommy huffed.

He flicked his wings and a feather or two drifted to the floor.

"I don't think I can wear my chestplate with my wings like this, Wilbur." The teenager said, looking up to the person he considered a brother.

Wilbur hummed in thought. 

Tubbo poked his head in from outside. "Hey, you guys coming?"

"Yeah, we'll be out in a sec." Quackity replied.

"Okay!" Tubbo chirped and popped back out.

Wilbur sighed. "We'll just have to try and find Dream, he might be able to help us."

Tommy nodded.

"Keep your chestplate with you."

Tommy nodded again and they went outside.

"...Yeah, but-"

"Potatoes are the superior food," Technoblade interrupted.

"No they aren't!" Tubbo puffed.

"What the hell are you two on about-" Tommy grunted.

"Technoblade says that potatoes are better than pufferfish!" Tubbo crossed his arms, eyes not moving from Techno. Niki stood to the side watching the pair argue about nonsense. She didn't look impressed.

"But they are!" The man waved his arms around in desperation.

"Look- we have better things to do," Wilbur retorted. "So let's get going."

Techno sighed and the trio followed Quackity, Wilbur and Tommy. Tubbo found himself beside his friend. 

"Your wings are bigger," Tubbo breathed, staring at the gleaming feathers.

"Yeah," Tommy chuckled. "The feathers are different too."

"Yeah they are! They aren't fluffy like they were yesterday."

Tommy laughed, Tubbo joining him.

"Can you fly?" Tubbo asked after they had calmed down.

"I haven't tried, I probably can't."

"Rip."

Tommy snorted.

The two talked amongst themselves while they followed the others, and soon they were in Manburg. 

"You guys can go on and get your things, I have things to do," Wilbur waved his right hand and lifted his left arm. A digital panel popped up and he began to type. "Tommy, stay with me. We're gonna go see Dream."

"Okay."

Tubbo waved to his friend and walked away, quickly grabbing the sword out of its sheath.

"Alright, ready to go?" Wilbur asked. The blonde looked up to him and nodded.

The pair started walking towards the community house, boots clanking against the wooden path. Tommy flicked his wings open and close, amazed by the shine the gold on each feather made.

"What's it like having wings?" Wil hummed, breaking the silence.

"It's kind of weird," Tommy chuckled. "Like having arms on your back."

"Huh."

The two fell into a comfortable silence, and soon the community house was in their sights.

"So where's Dream gonna be?" Tommy asked as they made their way down the stairs.

"He should be inside."

They walked into the house, a warm breeze following them inside before disappearing. Dream was sitting on the stairs in the center of the house, staring at his inventory screen which was on his right arm. The man wore a mask over his face and a green hoodie with the hood down. He looked up and stood.

"Hey guys. What's going on?"

Wilbur crossed his arms. "A lotta things, Dream. But Tommy had something weird happen to him." He turned to the teenager, who held his chestplate. He set the piece of armor on the ground.

"Well uh," Tommy shrugged slightly. "It's really not that big of a deal." Sarcasm dripped from his voice as he spread his wings.

"Woah- Okay uh," Dream lifted his left arm and popped open the chat, which flashed onto another black screen with lines of code. After a moment he dropped his arm. "There's nothing wrong with the code at all, which is confusing as hell. I have no idea how you got those."

"We don't either." Wilbur sighed.

"I was up for an entire night with back pains," Tommy started as he tucked his wings closer to his body. "Then they kinda ripped my back open. That's it really."

Dream seemed to think about this, fiddling with the hilt of his sword which sat in its sheath on his belt.

The man in green sighed. "I don't see any issues with this really, except our flying rule." He crossed his arms. "I'm not sure how that's gonna work."

"What do you mean? I won't use them like that!" Tommy huffed.

"...You're TommyInnit. You're definitely going to use them." Wilbur snorted.

Tommy said nothing and instead shoved his arms over one another, crossing them and tightly hugging his chest.

"I'll have to work this out, but for now you can use them, I guess. Since we don't know how you got them." Dream said, hand now resting on the sword hilt.

"Got it big man." Tommy moved his right arm and gave a thumbs up.

"Alright, cya." Dream gave the duo a two-fingered salute before sprinting out of the door on their right.

 Tommy huffed and bent over to grab his chestplate. Wilbur lead him outside, then they went their separate ways to their houses.