Chapter 3

Tommy grinned. He was pretty sure he had gotten all of his valuables from his chests from when he and Wilbur were first exiled, but he did another sweep of the house in case. The only thing left was really the ender chest, which he picked up with a silk touch pickaxe he had stolen from some other house. He shoved the chest and pickaxe into his inventory, then made his way out of his house. He met up with Tubbo and Niki pretty fast.

"Hey Tommy!" Tubbo yelled, waving his arms. Niki walked beside him, and laughed.

"Heyyy Tubbo! Niki!" Tommy waved back and jogged towards them. Tubbo and Niki ran; mostly Niki trying to keep pace with Tubbo.

"We're gonna go down to the election area and wait for the others," Niki hummed as they continued down the path.

"Okay."

The three joked around as they walked. They spoke about different things, and soon they came to the election area. They made their way up the hill towards the spruce forest, then they waited.

"Your wings are so shiny, Tommy." Niki gasped.

Tommy stretched them out slightly. His skin was still sore. "They're cool."

"Yeah, they're really shiny." Tubbo snickered.

"Wha-" Tommy huffed. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Niki laughed, and the other two joined in.

Apparently, someone heard.

"HEY!"

The trio flinched and looked around before spotting the owner of the voice.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

Niki stood up and narrowed her eyes. 

"NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS SCHLATT." Tubbo yelled. Schlatt was standing at the bottom of the hill they were chilling on.

Schlatt shook his arm in the air and seemed like he was about to walk up the hill, but someone yelled from behind, catching everyone's attention.

"GET BACK SCHLATT."

"WHY?"

"UH- I DON'T KNOW. JUST GET BACK." Wilbur yelled.

"OKAY."

Schlatt backed away, hands up in the air a bit. Wilbur held a crossbow. The man's eyes were narrowed as he pointed the bow at the goat man. Quackity cam running up behind Wilbur, Techno wasn't far behind. He didn't really have a house in Manburg- he kinda just followed someone.

Schlatt dropped his hands down when the trio passed to join the three on the hill. "THIS STILL DOESN'T ANSWER WHY YOU'RE HERE."

"WE HAD TO TALK WITH DREAM!" Tommy yelled back as they ran off. He was pretty sure Schlatt saw the gold glint of his wings, because he heard a 'what the fuck is that'.

"That was so stupid but so funny." Tommy laughed as he caught up with Tubbo.

"Just yelling back and forth like that," Tubbo snickered. "Yeah, that was really stupid."

The group began to slow down as hunger bars became low, and soon everyone was walking while munching on bits of food.

"Hey Tubbo," Tommy elbowed his friend gently. "Wanna race back to Pogtopia?"

"Hell yeah, let's go."

"Okay, 3, 2, 1 GO!" Tommy yelled and sprinted past Wilbur and Technoblade. Tubbo was hot on his heels.

"What're you two doing?!" Wilbur called after them.

"RACE!" Tubbo yelled back.

Tommy laughed as he jumped down the hill. Tubbo raced past him, basically falling off the slope, but shaking it off as he continued to run. Tommy gaped, then shot after his friend. 

"HEY, SLOW DOWN!" Tommy called, a laugh at the end of his words.

"NEVER!" Tubbo laughed back.

Soon the two came to a halt in front of Pogtopia's entrance, worn out and panting hard.

"That was awesome." Tubbo laughed, coughing from the lack of air in his lungs.

"Yeah it was." Tommy breathed and chuckled.

The pair took a moment to rest, which gave time for the others to catch up. They were almost to the hill when the boys went inside.

Wilbur was the first inside. The two teenagers had disappeared downstairs, and he sighed. Niki came in next, Quackity and Technoblade hot on her heels. Quackity blocked up the hole, and the group went down the spiral steps to find the ravine empty.

"What the-" Wilbur glanced around in confusion. "Where are they?"

"Are you sure you saw them stop at the entrance, Wil?" Niki asked as she walked down to the chests and furnaces in the floor.

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"I'll go check the potato farm room," Techno shrugged and began to jog down to the door, he froze and looked around when he heard laughing. "Uh- does anyone else hear that or-"

"Yeah, I hear it too." Quackity snorted.

Tommy came into view with Tubbo right beside him, the blonde holding a chicken. 

"..So you're sure it said that?" Tubbo snickered.

"I'm positive." Tommy laughed. 

The two stopped when they noticed all eyes in the ravine were on them.

"Why do you have a chicken?-" Wilbur spoke, clearly confused, like everyone else.

"We found it in Tommy's room," Tubbo explained.

"Not sure how it got there." Tommy huffed. The chicken made a clucking noise and Tommy set the bird down. It clucked at the boy before walking back in the direction the boys came.

Tommy gaped after the bird and flicked his wings.

"What'd it say?" Tubbo looked amused, and like he was holding back a laugh.

"It cursed me out in chicken!"

"What?" Technoblade spoke up.

"Oh! Apparently Tommy understood what the chicken said. That's how we kind of found it in the first place." Tubbo explained.

"Hah?"

"I mean, other than the constant clucking." Tubbo shrugged.

"It was so confused, you have no idea." Tommy laughed.

"Woahh," Niki and Quackity gasped at the same time.

Tommy puffed his chest out and stretched his wings back, looking like a proud dog with a stick in his mouth.

Wilbur burst out laughing at the ridiculous pose.

"What?" Tommy crossed his arms, drawing his wings closer to his back.

Tubbo laughed too. "Y-you looked-" He interrupted himself with a laugh. "-Looked so funny."

Tommy rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna go look for that chicken again." He turned and followed where the chicken had gone.

Technoblade shrugged and slid into the farm room without a word. Niki chuckled.