Chapter 4

Tommy trailed after the chicken. He could hear confused clucks, like 'where am I?' or 'how'd I get here?'. He snorted and began to jog.

The chicken was now in the tunnel, feet clicking against the wood. Tommy caught up to the bird pretty easily.

"What are you doing?" He asked, not noticing he had began to make similar noises to that of a chicken.

"Trying to get out of here." The chicken clucked back, not looking up as it waddle down the path.

"I can help with that." Tommy responded. "If you let me pick you up."

The chicken stopped and looked up at the blonde, turning as it did so. After a moment, it gave a slight nod. Tommy crouched and picked up the bird. As he stood, another pair of feet was heard coming own the tunnel. He turned to find Tubbo running towards him.

"Holy shit-" Tommy laughed. "Slow down, Tubbo."

The brunette stopped when he came closer, catching his breath. He gave a soft laugh. "Whatcha doing?"

"Taking this chicken out of here."

"Ohh, okay. Can I come with you?"

"Sure, I guess."

Tubbo smiled and the pair began to walk down the path. 

"Who is that?" The chicken clucked.

"My friend, Tubbo. From before, remember?" Tommy responded.

Tubbo snorted. Tommy glanced at him in confusion. 

"What?"

"You're making chicken noises."

"What? No I'm not." Tommy huffed. 

"Yes you are, you were doing it earlier too." Tubbo stuck his hands in his pockets, a mischievous grin spreading on his face.

Tommy flicked his wings at this.

The pair joked around and chatted as they made their way down the tunnel. Tubbo waited at the bottom of the exit while Tommy hopped out and let the chicken go, then they started making their way back.

"I wonder what you'd sound like talking to parrots," Tubbo snickered. He began to making whistles and chirps that made no sense to his friend.

"That was just a jumble of random words." Tommy snorted.

"Well, what would be uh.." Tubbo trailed off as he thought for a moment. "Oh! What would be 'hi how are you'?"

Tommy hummed. "Maybe like-" He paused for a minute before making a series of short chirps and whistles.

Tubbo stared at him blankly, but looked awed at the same time. "This is so cool!"

The blonde laughed.

Soon the pair had made it down to the other end of the tunnel. They made their way up the wooden steps, shifting around buttons that may have been placed on the floor.

Tommy left Tubbo to go bother Technoblade about something- bees or pufferfish or some shit? The teenager shrugged and stepped into his room. He cringed- the room was still littered with feathers everywhere.

"Where the hell am I gonna put these-" He muttered, sweeping them up with an arm and tossing them into a pile on the floor. He began to push more into the pile, then grabbed a bucket and shoved them into it.

"I could prank someone with these.." He snickered and set the bucket by the end of his bed.

Done with the small chore, he sat on his bed and crossed his legs, then he began to make whistles and chirps of all sorts, curling his wings around him and opening them up, repeating it over and over. He hadn't realized he was doing that. He stopped for a minute, then began to make the same noises in a different pattern.

Quackity apparently walked by and heard, sticking his head in. Tommy didn't notice until he heard the suit-and-beanie wearing man laugh.

"Wh- what are you doing?" Quackity snickered.

Tommy opened and closed his mouth like a fish, turning to Quackity. "I- uh-"

Quackity began laughing harder. Tommy scooted to the end of his bed and glanced to the bucket of feathers. Smirking, he picked the piece of iron up. He saw this as an opportunity to use them. Tommy shifted so his feet touched the floor, then in a sharp motion, flicked the bucket so the feathers flew at Quackity.

Big Q sputtered out a bit of downy fluff and was met with a smirk of victory.

"Do you just have buckets of feathers lying around?" 

"I will now."

Tommy laughed, and soon Quackity was too. He waved to the blonde before walking off, feathers laying on his shoulders and clinging to his blue beanie.

The winged teenager sighed and looked at the feathers on the floor. He stood and began to clean them up. Again.

When he was finished, he decided to take a nap. He slipped out of his shirt and grabbed a more comfortable one. He put it on and groaned. The cloth didn't go over his wings. He took the shirt off again and grabbed his sword, which was still in its sheath on the belt he wore, and ripped holes in the back of the shirt. He put it back on and was able to slip his wings through it, with some difficulty.

He took the sword out of its sheath off his hip and put it in the 'display' on his wall. He took the belt off and rung it around a hook. With that done, he jumped into the bed face-first and fell asleep after a few minutes.