Chapter 6

BOOM.

                                                                                                               Screams.

Tommy stared at the massive hole that was once L'Manburg, gaping.

                             Withers flew around, shooting down mobs and firing at players.

                                                                                    Everything was chaos.

Absolute chaos.

                                             The death message of Wilbur being slain by Philza was in chat.

                         Wilbur was dead.

                                                                                                                   Philza was here.

      Everything was in ruins.

Smoke billowed into the sky from a few things that were burning.

The last wither died.

Eret stood on top of the ruined, blackstone podium, shocked like everyone else. Others stood beside him, but they were hard to make out at the distance Tommy was at.

Tommy rushed forward and grabbed the fence in his hands.

They had just won it back.

But for what?

Then Philza was beside him.

And Tubbo.

Phil wrapped the boys in a hug, gray wings comforting.

They stood there for a while, then Tubbo backed away.

"We need to rebuild."

Tommy's shoulders slumped.

"Where do we start?" Philza turned to the massive, gaping hole in the ground.

"I reckon we get others together and figure out a plan." The president hummed.

Tommy sighed. "Sounds like a plan, big man."

Tubbo snorted.

Tommy grinned.

Philza smiled. "And Tommy?"

"Yeah?"

"You know how to fly?"

********

Tommy stood by Philza on one of the few spruce platforms of New L'Manburg. Ghostbur was hovering nearby, a book and quill in his hands.

 "So what you want to do," Phil hummed. "Is to spread your wings and try getting into the air."

Tommy blinked. "Okay."

Philza hopped into the air and hovered, wings flapping evenly so he was neither going up or down.

Tommy squinted, then spread his wings. He flapped them a few times before jumping and doing the same Phil did. 

He flopped back onto the wood with a thump, landing on his butt.

He groaned.

"This takes practice, Tommy," Phil laughed. "And time."

Fundy was watching from his house, smirking.

"YEAH, TOMMY. PRACTICE. YEAH." Fundy yelled down. 

Tommy shot the fox a glare. Fundy only laughed.

The blonde stood up and tried again.

And again.

He got the same results.

Just falling back on the wood.

Fundy had joined the trio, standing beside Ghostbur and peeking over his shoulder at the book he held. Ghostbur brought the book to his chest. Fundy gave him a look.

"It's not finished yet."

Fundy rolled his eyes, looking back to Tommy, who was getting up for like, the 6th time.

"You've got this, Tommy." Phil encouraged, touching down beside the blonde. "Try jumping a bit higher."

Tommy sighed and nodded. Phil stretched his hand out, and Tommy took it. 

"On the count of 3, okay?"

"Alright."

"1.."

"2..."

"3!"

The pair jumped into the air, Tommy giving a startled yelp when he actual made it. 

"You've got it, Tommy!" Phil laughed.

"Pogchamp!" Tommy pumped a fist in the air.

They climbed a tiny bit higher in the sky, then Phil let go of their hands. Or tried to.

"What the hell are you doing, Philza?"

"You've gotta do it on your own, Tommy.  Don't worry. I'm here if you fall."

Tommy let go of Philza's hand hesitantly, faltering in his flight for a second.

"You can do it, Tommy!" Ghostbur cheered. Fundy laughed.

Tommy smile and was able to stay in the air successfully.

"There ya go, mate." Phil grinned.

"So how do I move around?" Tommy stuck his hands in his pockets, albeit awkwardly.

"To move up and down, you just speed up or slow down how fast your wings are beating." Phil demonstrated by going up, then taking slower flaps when going down.

"Ohh, okay."

Ghostbur wrote quickly.

Fundy looked over to the ghost in confusion.

"Can't you just-"

"SHHHH."

"But-"

"SH."

Fundy snapped his jaws shut, slightly irritated. He watched Tommy and Phil again. Tommy was struggling to move forward, Phil was trying to get him to listen, but the teenager insisted on doing it himself.

This method resulted in him nearly falling.