4

Hi I edited this :D nah, I only changed a few words but it's for the sake of the plot. To the new readers reading, ignore this.

Your body deflates in exhaustion after a long day tending to the guild. You hadn't seen Erza since she volunteered to look for Natsu, Gray and Lucy after they took an S-Class mission, and you've been waiting for her.

"Does Erza have to find them? Actually that's stupid, I'm pretty worried too..." You say out of the blue, resting your elbows on the wooden counter. Mirajane hears this, slightly shaking her head and letting out a slow sigh.

"You know Erza has to go, right?" The fair-skinned bartender looks at you with lidded eyes. She was tired as well, her heavy footsteps echoed through the walls of the dark almost empty guild. "You've been here for years, you should know that—"

"A member or members that've broken the guild's rules must be punished." You whisper with Mirajane in unison. Of course you knew that, you've had first hand experience.

You pout. "I know that. I've been this guild's bartender for at least 5 years, not including the other 5 years I'd been a member here." Memories continue rising up to the surface but you push them down. Your tired mindset wouldn't be able to bare them at this very moment.

"Then you really shouldn't be complaining, someone had to go and she volunteered." Mirajane yawns. "But I guess I understand, she hasn't been here recently, I guess you just miss her, right?" She nudges your shoulder, awakening you from your dazed state. You could only smile.

"Of course~ she's my—"

"Why didn't you volunteer to find them then?" A slightly drunk (but not noticeably) Cana interrupts your conversation, letting herself known that she was still there. Your smile slowly dissipates.

You blink, slowly letting her question sink in.

"Cana, you know—" Mirajane tries answering for you, but you cut her off.

"I'm protecting this guild. I'm a... bouncer." You say with a small chuckle. You look at Mirajane with sorry eyes.

"You've been protecting this worn out building for years, get out for once." Cana slams the pint of beer she'd been drinking, walking out of the 'worn out building'.

~

The pirate's voice quivered uncharacteristically. "W-Why do you have to go to Galuna Island anyway, S-Scary Lady? No one wants to go there, it's cursed and god-forsaken—eerie too. People say you get the demon's curse once you step on its soil..." He shivers as he steers the ship, having an urge to easily turn the boat around and have a fun time.

"When people break rules, we must punish them to keep the order (I don't know what she says). That is all I can say." Erza continues to gaze at the sea, unmoving and determined to get this over with. She didn't think she'd deal with more brats this month, and planned to laze at the guild for a fortnight before going to another mission.

They're making me lose time with her. She thinks. The thought makes her eyebrows furrow, eyes sharp.

~

As Erza walks back with Fairy Tail's strongest team, a bitter atmosphere spread across them as they see the guild destroyed, gigantic metal poles stabbing it.