9

Lmao wow I managed to update each day for like 9 chapters. What an achievement honestly.

"Despite of our developing guild hall, we're taking on job requests, starting today!" Mirajane exclaims, arms up with excitement and a huge smile on her face. You stand at the side and joined in the cheering with everyone else. Of course, you hadn't taken jobs for a while but you couldn't help catch the contagious smiles everyone had on their faces.

"What's up with everyone running to the quest board, they were all lounging around the guild hall before." Lucy remarks, and both you and Mira chuckle. 

Lucy crosses her arms. "You guys shouldn't be laughing, when have both of you actually went on a job before?" As her question hangs in the air, you two could only look away for a brief moment. 

"Well..." You awkwardly scratch the back of your neck, looking at Mira for help but she only shrugged, eyes slightly downcast. You look back to the blonde mage sitting at the other side of the counter to see her observing our interactions, sighing when she found no hope finding out. "Anyway, have you guys seen Loke recently?"

Mira's smile returned to her face, though it was more of a smirk. "Oh, don't tell me you've fallen for Fairy Tail's resident playboy?"

A laugh sprung out from you before you could stop it from escaping, turning around to shield yourself from Lucy's disapproving glare. Your body was wracked with uncontrollable laughs--your wheezes and occasional table slamming was seen in the distance as Lucy and Mira continued with their conversation.

A sigh escaped your eyes as you wipe the tears coming to the surface from laughing your ass off. Just as you recover from your fit of chuckles however, Erza's voice booms through the air, alerting you. Her voice was stern, and not her usual firm tone.

"Why don't you tell the other how you feel?" The red-head's eyes held distaste in Laxus' remark, never looking away as he belittles his own guild, never hesitating nor backing down from his words.

Tension filled the air. "--And you, rich little wannabe wizard was the worst out of everyone here. This was all your fault." Laxus sneers at the blonde woman in front of you. You used your magic to instantly be at your friend's side, shielding her with your arm. You tut, eyes observing the man like a hawk.

"Laxus, will you shut up for once? Master said no one was to be held accountable for what happened, not even you." The way she mention him felt as though she couldn't bare even utter his name. "You turned your back against us, even though I begged you to help."

The lightning mage stands up abruptly, voice holding a world full of arrogance and annoyance. "Jesus Christ stop your puny whining--the fight had nothing to do with me. Though if I'd joined the fight, you definitely wouldn't be drowning in your sorrows in this pile of rubble."

Both Erza and Natsu end up angrily approaching the man, but Erza halts as she realises Laxus' power had the potential to wipe the whole guild out. Erza attempts to stop Natsu from initiating a fight but was too late.

"I've had enough of your bullshit, Laxus!!" Natsu punches the wizard but his fist only met air. Laxus had teleported away, mocking the fire wizard for not being able to hit him.

~

"Going on a mission with Fairy Tail's strongest team again, Erza?" You asked earlier that day, leaning an elbow on the counter as your cheek rested on your hand, the usual smile painted on your face. Erza smiles back, contemplating for a second before replying.

"Guess we're a team, huh?" Erza nods with approval. "We have been working together for a while."

You hit Erza's side playfully. "You hadn't known that? Honestly Erza, you should start observing your surroundings a bit more."

You both chuckle light-heartedly, lingering next to the counter for a few moments, the silence comforting you two. You see the mage's mouth open then close, the woman probably wanting to say something before she leaves your side.

"What is it, Erza?" 

"It was nothing." Pushing herself off the counter, she stands and gives you her last goodbyes before walking away, approaching random people to find her team.

How weird. You stand up straight once again to continue your duties, still wondering about what she wanted to say.

~

Erza was tempted to ask you to join her, but she refrained from doing so.