4 (pt. 2)

So I wanted to kind of continue the Phantom Lord arc but this was supposed to be a sorta one shot book so technically I'm not supposed to (I'm gonna keep writing it though) But I am gonna make 'you' the same person throughout the book just 'cause I'm lazy.

You were enraged. Exhausted, but full of anger, rage, and spite. The guild was destroyed, and you didn't know batshit about it before you came back the next day. You were there, the iron dragon slayer attacked just a few minutes after you had closed the guild, and you didn't even do anything about it.

"I could've done something." You said under your breathe, whispering. Your vocal chords suffered when the guilt kicked in, and you could only stand in the shadows so that your rage couldn't explode with a loud roar.

You stood at the back, crossing your arms and looking down as you hear Natsu furiously yelling to take revenge in the background. Everyone was silent other than the wizards who had just left—you couldn't bare lift your head but you could only guess that the mages coming back from the Galuna Island mission had returned.

Including Erza.

"The guild was destroyed when everyone left..." Mirajane answered with a grim face, voice slightly shaky.

Erza frowns. "Well at least no one was hurt during the process." Her eyes skimmed the room, stopping as she sees your small, darkened figure.

You could hear her heavy steps come closer, the small clank of her footsteps so familiar. You couldn't stop your eyes tearing up—you didn't dare meet her sharp and dark ones to find out that they may bare a world full of hurt or betrayal. You were supposed to protect the guild, but you didn't. You failed your duty, the only duty you had.

"Are you okay?" Compared to her usual booming voice, Erza was quiet and gentle. You could feel her beckoning gaze wait for yours, but you refused to return it.

You choked out a "never better" before trying to escape the situation by walking away. The red-haired mage didn't let you escape however, grabbing your clenched fist in attempt to stop you. And it works.

You turn to look at her with tears eyes. "If you stop me now I'll cry."

Her hold on you never ceased. Erza only held you to her armoured chest and in an embrace. The cold metal unusually comforted you in a way that only she could.

"Cry, then." Erza's slightly shaky voice started apologising. "I should have stayed, should have forced some other member to go to Galuna."

Your shook your head but Erza only continued. "I'm so, terribly sorry. I wish to be with you tonight, but I have to stay at Lucy's place."

"It's okay Erza, it wasn't your fault." You tried smiling but your face felt like led. "I should have done something."

The red-haired mage then cupped your face, staring intently at your tears eyes. "I trust you to not be in harm's danger, okay? Promise me."

"I promise, Erza. Now go, Lucy needs you."

Erza leaves a soft kiss on your forehead before power walking to the exit. You saw her look back at you before retiring for the night.

Lmao what the fuck is this, I'm gonna edit this someday. I'm sorry if you sounded like a wuss this chapter lol