¦two

luz twitched as she felt something wet drop on her cheek, she didn't mind it till a second drop fell. groaning slightly, luz slowly opened her eyes to see a body hanging onto the tree's branches.

eyes widened, luz immediately stood up and wiped her cheek. blood. she looked at the body- impaled body of a doe. luz slowly walked up to it, placed her hand onto it's stiff body and looked at wound.

it was placed an hour or so... by whom? is someone playing with her.

luz looked around of the sunlit area, but saw nothing. clicking her tongue, she walked out of the scene and traversed the wide woods, luz doesn't have a map of compass to help her.

she only have her guts and instincts.

then, a sound of a snapped twig echoed through the fairly quiet woods and made luz snap her head around in search for whoever made that noise.

she pulled out her pocket knife, crouched down to minimally hide as she saw some bushes rustle. luz eyed the bushes intently, waiting for something or someone to jump up and tackle her.

but, a small hare is the only thing that hopped out of the bushes. luz was dumbfounded, she fully stood up and watched the hare's nose twitch as it seems like it's searching for breakfast.

breakfast.

how far is the next town?? damn, i really wish i have a map right now.

oh well, luz doesn't have a choice. "sorry, little buddy." luz threw the knife, aiming for the hare but it sensed threat and hopped back inside the bushes.

"hey! i wanna eat you!" luz said, she picked up her knife again and dug her hand inside the bush but she winced as she felt the hare bite her. "ow.." luz pulled her hand out and watched the hare hop farther away from her.

frowning, luz shook her bit hand and chased after the wild hare. "come on! you don't have to make this harder for me and yourself!" luz said.

luz jumped over a fallen log, she took a sharp turn as she eyed the hare's trail. she doesn't want to lose her meal. then, she ducked at the protruding branch and didn't see the root under her.

making luz trip and face flat to the ground.

growling, luz lifted her head up and was about to chase the hare once again but stopped herself as she's out of the woods and is looking at a burnt town.

slowly standing up, luz patted herself off and looked at the burned wooden houses and structures. she slowly walked towards the center, even the dirt feels wrong. it's like she's walking on ashes not gravel and rocks.

"what happened here?" luz mutters herself. her eyes stopped at, what seems like the entrance of this supposed town. she jogged towards it and looked up but saw nothing.

she turn left and saw a small wooden plate, luz wiped the ash off it "lindenfeld." she read out loud as the name is engraved into the wood.

luz walked back inside the town, she stepped in front in one of the houses. planning to see what's inside before it collapses.

but, when she grabbed the handle. it door disintegrated along with the house. "i guess not.." before luz could move along, she noticed a burnt corpse sticking out of the charred remains.

"que descansen en paz." luz said, she did the sign of the cross before moving along to check if something made a home of this dead town.

then, she noticed there's a church uphill. luz  ran up to the church and abruptly stopped as she saw more burned corpses sprawled all over everywhere.