¦four

they waited till all of the last went out before coming out of their hiding spots. they slowly approached the in a slow pace, careful not to disturb the ones inside.

as they got only a few feet in the inn, they noticed the window was covered by the curtain. before of them could unlock the door, a quiet psst is heard behind them.

an un-audible short conversation is exchanged between them before looking back at the inn and turning around, leaving amity confused.

"they left." she muttered. she and luz are in the bedroom with the curtain closed as well and amity slightly peeking through it, watching the black hooded figures recede to the inn.

"maybe they have a change of heart." luz said as she walked out of the bathroom with a small towel draped on her shoulder, she took off her black and gold embroidered vest leaving her long sleeved tunic on.

amity clicked her tongue "highly unlikely." luz plopped down to bed, "we'll investigate tomorrow." she said as she sighs, getting comfortable on the pillows.

the vampire turns around to face the belmont who seemed nonchalant about the situation of people almost attempted of forced entry.

"you said we'll be leaving in first light."

"but, by the looks of it. we might turn into the persons of interests with these folks. we have to, at least, try to figure out what's their deal." luz reasoned, amity looked uncertain. she does want to get out of here and leaving this as a distant memory.

"you don't have to involve yourself in my little endeavour. if you have somewhere to go, then go. it'll be a shame though, since i rarely have a travelling companion." luz raised her hands up to her head as she stared at the blight.

amity looks around the room, it's a minimally decorated room and is the only room the inn has. "i.. don't really have anywhere else to go." she whispered, barely heard by luz.

"pardon?" amity shook her head, she headed for the door, swung it open not before looking over her shoulder. "just hurry up with your investigation so we can leave early." she said.

"aren't you gonna sleep with me?" luz asked, she patted the extra space next to her. "there's a couch." then, amity left the room. luz listened to the muffle footsteps outside the room get fainter and fainter till only silence remains.

luz hummed, she looked over to the covered window. barely letting in light that is not the lantern above. huffing, luz took the flame out of the lantern, filling the room with darkness before going to sleep.

---------------

the noise of the morning roosters ruined the one comfortable sleep luz had for years, grudgingly waking her up. luz groaned, she shifted in bed and turned to the other side, facing the empty space which has a closet.

lazily fluttering her eyes, luz rolled out of bed- literally rolling out as her body fell onto the floor with a thud. probably waking up amity in the process.

luz slowly stood up, she looked at the same closed curtain but this time, it has sunlight wanting to burst through it. she lets out a big yawn, snatched her vest hanging on a single chair before going in the bathroom to freshen up.

as she regained her awake self, luz cracked her bones and sighed. she grabbed her whip as well before walking out of the room, as she got to the first floor.

luz tipped over a little to see amity laid on the couch, sleeping soundly while using her cape as a blanket. softly smiling at the peaceful scene, she quietly went out of the inn and headed for the center of town.