¦six

"hey, you made it!" king jumped off the horse and immediately hid under the portico to avoid the sunlight. both luz and amity are still assessing the house in front of them.

it has multiple windows plastered around in wide varieties ranging from small to big, the notable design of the house is the big stained glass window that is an eye as a design.

"don't just stand there! come on, belmont!" king waved the two over to the house. "we shouldn't." amity whispers, luz looked at the rider of the horse in front of them.

they jumped off and walked towards the door, "i.. we should." luz jumped down of the horse, held a firm grip of the horse's reins as she slowly walk towards the house.

as luz placed her horse beside the other horse, she noticed that half of the horse's face is missing and has a yellow glowing eye that seem to pierce through her soul.

luz backed up and looked at the person who's still waiting for the two of them to walk towards to. she motioned to follow whom grudgingly did so.

as they walked up to the demon and the mystery person. they faced the door that has an owl carved on it which snapped it's eyes open, this threw luz and amity off.

"what's the password?" it asked, then it yelped in pain as both of it's eyes got poked by the person "we don't have time for this hooty, let us in." they said.

"ow, geez. not even giving a thought. hoot." suddenly, the door opened like a mouth letting the two inside. luz and amity looked at each other before hesitatingly stepping up to the porch but the door was shut closed and the owl tilts it's head.

"oh my goodness! visitors! i never seen visitors in a while!" it said "i'm hooty and we can be friends!" then hooty gasped, he moved out of the door, revealing his tube like body to look at luz's crest.

"you're a belmont!! i never seen a belmont before! and," he took a sniff of her, making luz uncomfortable. "you radiate so much magic! which belmont is your parent? simon? christopher? juste? did you know i'm a big fan of belmonts?!" the owl tube kept bombarding questions the poor belmont who doesn't have any answers to it.

amity twitched, she's just irritated at hooty and him making luz uneasy. when hooty turned his head at amity, her hues glowed as she glared at the tube's black eyes.

suddenly, hooty started hissing with his body spiking up. "vampire!" he snarled. then the door was swung open, king grabbed luz's pants and pulled her inside with luz holding amity's hand.

"jeez, good thing he didn't scare you two off." a voice from a woman said "where are we?" luz asked as she looked at the poorly lit house.

"oh right." the woman cleared her throat "welcome to the owl house." as a snap of a finger is heard, all of the candles and lamps brightly shined, lighting up the entire living room that has many treasures of sorts or junk.

"this is where i hide from the world's modern problems, the angry mobs and ex boyfriends." the woman snorted. luz looked at the same person whom turned around, lowered their hood to reveal a pale woman with a great grey mane of a hair. she has a single golden fang protruding out and wore a red dress which looks like was ripped off of something.

"need anything belmont, blight? water, tea, blood perhaps?" the woman asked. amity tensed when the woman said her name "how did you know my name? who are you?" she asked, eyeing the woman suspiciously.

the woman chuckled and shook her head as she place her hand onto her forehead "i apologise. i kept forgetting to introduce myself. i'm eda the owl lady." eda said as she slightly bowed down.