¦seven

as the night finally sets in, luz and amity headed for the door, ready to find the belmont hold with very little knowledge of it's whereabouts.

"we'll take our leave, eda the owl lady." luz bowed down, eda nods "be careful out there, kid. i hope miss blight isn't going to be much of a problem for you."

luz looked at amity at the corner of her eye, grinning slightly before looking back at eda "don't worry. she won't be."

king jumped up onto eda and climbed up to her shoulder "yeah. make sure to come back and give me more belly rubs!"

luz giggles, she softly pats king's head "of course, bud." she said. amity swung the door open, letting the soft moonlight in the house. "aw, you're leaving already? but i never got to tell my daring stories!" hooty whined.

amity growled at hooty whom hissed back when he saw her "hooty." eda warns, luz lets out a nervous chuckle and lightly patted amity's back to calm her down.

"have a goodnight everyone. bye!" both of them walked out of the owl house. luz was the first to jump on their horse, she held out her hand to help amity up whom accepted it.

luz waves goodbye to eda and king who's out of the house, waving them goodbye as well. luz whipped the reins of the horse, started bolting down the woods till they've met with a dirt path.

luz continued for the horse to run down the path, expecting to see a night creature or two to ambush them but the quick run seemed to peaceful tonight.

after a few minutes of silence, luz finally slows down to let the horse catch it's breath. they have the long night to themselves. there was no conversation exchanged from the belmont and blight for a while until amity finally asks;

"i'm curious, i understand the belmont but what does luz noceda mean?" amity asked. she jumped off the horse, grabbed the reins from luz's hand to lead the horse.

luz grins "curious of my upbringings, i see?" she cleared her throat.

"luz means light in spanish and surprise, my first conjured magic was light. my mom was an immigrant here before she was taken in by the speakers and became a scholar of magic." luz started.

"noceda is from my mom. i didn't have the luxury of coming to the world in a warm house or lay in a comfortable crib. i was born in a wagon and raised by the speakers. since i'm half belmont and mom is the speaker magician, she taught me how to use my abilities though she didn't teach me how to fight." luz chuckles.

"i had to teach myself and fight a couple of rooks which mom was not fond of. i have been grounded alot." amity giggles at the story. "a true speaker doesn't fight but..." luz looked down at her hands, they're slightly calloused from the constant fights.

"i had to continue my lineage. that's why i separated from the speakers to become a true belmont much to my mom's displease.. she understood my decision and lets me go." luz's voice became low and solemn.

"do you miss her?" amity asked, looking at the belmont at the corner of her eye. "very."

"do you have friends you want to see again?" amity asked, her tone seemed to linger over something which wasn't noticed by luz.

"i didn't have any friends, so no."

"who was your father?" amity asked, changing the subject.

luz shrugged "i don't know. whenever i asked my mom or the speakers about it, they'd just say he was a powerful belmont and died doing his purpose." she leans down a little and looked at the vampire.