𝑲𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝑲𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒅𝒐𝒎𝒔

Fortunately, on his return to the throne room, Rhaegar found everything clean.
Jaime had managed to do everything he asked to him, and for that he was very grateful.
That afternoon, it had been decided by him and the members of the Small Council that his coronation would take place in over a week.
Many people came to court in those days, and the usually noisy city of King's Landing was becoming even more so.
The days were divided between morning and afternoon noises caused by the markets and the port, and the evening and night noises caused by the inns and brothels.
The City Guard had never worked so hard before, to maintain peace and tranquility and to ensure the safety of the people.
Rhaegar, however, wanted everyone to get along under his command, especially on that day when he would receive it completely.
"You know, that dress fits you just fine."
Jaime said as he was watching Rhaegar admire himself in the mirror, anxious to become King.
"Are you sure? What if Cersei doesn't like it? "
“Rhaegar is your day, it doesn't matter if she doesn't like your dress; also I think she will wear something that matches yours so she has to like it. "
"Are you really sure that if she doesn't like it she'll wear a dress to match mine?"
"Actually you are not all wrong."
The two laughed until Grand Master Pycelle knocked on the door to announce that the time had come.
As Rhaegar reached the Throne Room accompanied by Jaime and his other guards, it seemed to him that everything had gotten bigger and that he was swimming in an ocean where he would never survive.
Cersei was waiting for him in front of the entrance door of the Hall, and Rhaegar was happy to see her really wearing something that matched his dress.
"Are you ready, my love?"
"I'm a bit agitated, but I think it's normal in a situation like this."
“You're about to become King, of course it's normal to be agitated. I am, too. I can't wait to see you with a crown on your head. "
Cersei said, ruffling his hair as if he was a child.
"Come on, stop, I had just combed my hair"
Cersei laughed at his request.
"Well, know that you are more beautiful with my hair."
Rhaegar looked at Jaime who nodded.
Was he really that bad with his hair combed? What if he was not good enough?
He had been with Jaime, and told him he was fine. Why hadn't he told him to leave his hair unkempt?
Maybe he was too agitated, and Cersei noticed.
She took his hand and looked at him.
“You are a dragon. You don't have to fear anything. Do you know what my father usually says to my brothers and me when we worry too much about the opinion of others? "
"I'm afraid not."
"A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinion of a sheep."
Cersei and Jaime said in unison.
Rhaegar looked at them and then all three burst out laughing.
He really needed a laugh, otherwise he might as well have done some idiocy like running away before being crowned.
The bells rang merrily as the doors of the Hall opened.
Rhaegar had not yet released Cersei's hand, and he didn't intend to.
He wanted her to walk beside him, not behind him.
The gazes of the Lords and Ladies were all on them, looks of happiness and admiration that Rhaegar never expected to see.
But underneath all of them there were a thousand questions, to which those people demanded an answer as soon as possible.
As when he had felt lost in an ocean just before, the Throne Room seemed bigger and bigger and he felt out of place.
Even though he had calmed down all those eyes on him, and seeing the Hall so large even though full of people, made him feel pressured.
When he was in front of the Throne he had to let go, even if not convinced, of Cersei's hand who positioned herself on his right, keeping behind him.
The guards each took their places, while the High Septon arrived along with his aide who kept the crown resting on a cushion.
"I now proclaim Rhaegar, of House Targaryen, First of his name, King of the Andals, Rhoynar and first men, protector of the Seven Kingdoms and the Realm."
The crown was in the shape of a dragon, and was black adorned with red gems like eyes.
Those were the colors of the Targaryen House, whose motto was 'Fire and Blood'; and even though Rhaegar wanted to change all that, the Small Council had made him change his mind.
After all, whether he wanted to or not, he was a dragon, a Targaryen just like his father; but he would never become like him, that was what he kept repeating.
That crown was cold to the touch when the High Septon placed it on his head and it was also quite heavy even though it seemed small and light.
The questions under the gazes of the people present in the Hall now began to have their answers.
Before climbing the steps leading to the Throne, Rhaegar addressed those present, and gave a speech.
"I, Rhaegar of House Targaryen, First of my name, King of the Andals, Rhoynar and first men, protector of the Seven Kingdoms and the Realm, proclaim Cersei of House Lannister, First of her name, Queen of the Seven Kingdoms and Lady of the Realm. She will rule by my side, and together we will bring peace and serenity to Westeros. "
Cersei knew she would become Queen after Rhaegar's coronation, but she never expected him to appoint her as his equal.
The High Septon handed her a crown on her head too, it too was in the shape of a dragon but the colors were those of the Lannisters; it was in fact gold with red gems like eyes.
“I would like to announce that in a few months our first child will be born, my heir and future ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. But if I leave this world before my heir has reached the appropriate age to rule, my brother Viserys will take my place.
Anyway, we're here today because Aerys II of House Targaryen, which was my processor, died of natural causes.
He was in fact found dead in his bed, with no signs of injury or poisoning.
During his tenure as King the people have suffered, but now I will try to remedy and maintain a good relationship with you too. "
The Lords and the Ladies exchanged glances and nodded at his words, it seemed that Rhaegar had hit the mark and he was thrilled  by that.
“And last but not least thing; I, Rhaegar of House Targaryen, First of my name, King of the Andals, Rhoynar and first men, protector of the Seven Kingdoms and the Realm, proclaim Jaime of House Lannister, a member of the Kingsguard, my personal guard. He will always be by my side, until my request to the contrary. He will also sit at the Small Council as Lord Commander of the Kingsguard and Ser Gerold Hightower will be Lord Commander of the King's Landing City Guard. "
Jaime looked at Rhaegar in amazement, and as the latter began to climb the steps to sit on the throne, Jaime saw the word 'thank you' being composed in his friend's lips.
At each step Rhaegar was reminded of an episode from the past.
When his siblings were born, when he had named Lyanna the most beautiful Lady, when his father had told him that he would marry Cersei, his marriage, and finally at the last step he stopped and looked at the part of the throne where he had to sit.
The more he looked at it, the more he thought he saw his father's body impaled with his sword.
Before panic took over, he closed his eyes, sighed and turned to look around the room.
Everyone seemed tiny from that height, little creatures that he could control, but that he just wanted to have as friends.
"Long live the king!"
The High Septon said, and after Rhaegar sat down all the others recited those words in unison.