𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅

POV Cersei

The screams and cries of the people of King's Landing were deafening, and thundered in the rooms of the Red Keep as if they were inside.
Rhaegar was right, Viserys had already advanced a lot when they received Jaime's letter and head. He had destroyed all the cities and villages along its march, thus making it impossible for them to have many soldiers to fight. Only 2,000 Kingsguards, 4,000 Targaryen troops, and 5,000 Lannister troops who had managed to come to help from Casterly Rock.
The beat of the ram trying to break through the door was strong and rhythmic.
'Boom.'
'Boom.'
'Boom.'
Cersei felt like she was reliving the dream she had years ago, and now she was aware that the dragon's roar was none other than Viserys ready to kill them.
Just as she had dreamed, the door began to have cracks and as the soldiers used the ram they expanded until they knocked down the door that was supposed to keep them safe from external danger.
Soldiers in all-black armor entered the Hall and sent Viserys galloping past on his white horse forward.
"Big brother; Cersei. It is a pleasure to see you. "
He said as he got out of the saddle.
Cersei took a step forward, ready to destroy him but Rhaegar stopped her by taking her by the arm.
He wouldn't let her fight; Viserys knew how to use a sword, he had trained from an early age but she had only seen people fight.
"Viserys, you can stop this. You are my little brother and I know there is good in you. You are not like our father. "
"You killed him, all the people who are fighting for me know it. You think our father was hated by everyone, but he wasn't. You are now hated by everyone. You are not fighting alongside your men, and you let a little boy come into your city and destroy it. How do you think people feel? "
"I'll kill him."
Once again Cersei tried to get close to Viserys, but Rhaegar stopped her again even though she was trying to let go of his hold.
"I really missed you, Cersei. So, did you like the gift I sent you? "
"Humorous."
"I wanted to tell you Jaime's last words, you know, he asked me to tell you."
"Shut up."
"Don't you want to hear them? You know; they are really touching. "
"I said shut up!"
"I'll tell you anyway... The wonderful Ser Jaime before he died said to tell you that he loved you. It was so touching to hear him say that. He seemed really sad to know that he couldn't have told you, but you know how it is ... Life is unpredictable and unfair. "
"Viserys, stop telling her these things."
"What is it, big brother, are you jealous?"
"No. I'm just pissed off because I didn't know before what kind of person you were. "
"Now do you want to kill me too? Would you really do it? "
"I will not do it .... I do."
Quickly Rhaegar and Viserys pulled out their swords, which began to clash until Rhaegar's was knocked to the ground and Viserys stabbed him right through the heart with his own.
Cersei walked over to her husband's body and took him in her arms, he was so heavy even though he seemed so light and weak.
"Cersei ..."
"... Rhaegar."
"Run away and protect Draco and Daenerys, do you understand?"
"We will protect them together."
"You know it won't be like that."
"No... Rhaegar, please don't die. You cannot die. "
"It's all ok Cersei. It's all ok ..."
Rhaegar took a final breath before closing his purple eyes.
Cersei couldn't even begin to grieve her loss as another danger presented itself.
Daenerys had entered the Hall.
"Big brother ..."
The little girl was shocked and scared.
She began to cry, but didn't move as if her body was petrified.
In her arms she held a doll, it represented her mother and had been given to her by Rhaegar for her fifth birthday and there was no night when she did not sleep with it.
'It's to protect me ' she had told Cersei, but that day even that couldn't protect her.
Viserys had given the order to bring her to him alive and without any wounds, but the soldier who had to carry out that order did something completely different from what his King had told him.
The little girl was unsaddling and, to make her stop, he put her down and stabbed her with his sword.
"You're a filthy bastard!"
Viserys said pissed.
His sword collided with that of the soldier and those who were holding Cersei joined him to help him in the fight.
They were walking away from Daenerys' body so, after seeing that Draco was watching everything from the same door Daenerys had entered, Cersei ran and picked her up and then reached her son and ran away.
They hid inside one of the rooms and Cersei lay Daenerys on the bed, she was still conscious so they could still save her, there was still hope.
Draco pulled out his wand and started reciting spells as he waved it, but nothing happened.
He tried and tried again, but it seemed as if he had lost his powers.
"I'm sorry ..."
He said in tears.
Cersei took his hand from Daenerys's arm and squeezed it.
She wanted to make him understand that she was not angry with him, as Viserys had said shortly before 'life is unpredictable'.
"Mum ..."
Daenerys's voice was quiet, and she barely managed to say that word amid the sobs of her crying.
Blood was starting to run from her nose and mouth, but she repeated that word over and over as she looked at Cersei.
"I'm here, I'm here my darling."
She said as she fixed the hair that covered the little girl face.
Her baby girl, Cersei had noticed similarities between her and Daenerys but never thought she would see them both die.
Maybe her baby was never real, maybe it was just a warning for what would happen to Daenerys; the death.
She kept calling her mom, and she couldn't do anything, just comfort her until she said nothing more.
"My little girl, no ..."
Footsteps coming from the corridor made her catch up, they were looking for them in every room and would open the door to the one they were in after a short time.
She couldn't let them take Draco away too, she had to find a solution and fast.
"Mom what do we do?"
"Hide. Go inside the wardrobe and stay there, understand? Do not go out."
"What if they hurt you? I can use my magic to stop them. "
"Then promise me you'll only get out if you're completely sure you can. I believe in you my darling, but I don't want to lose you. "
"What if I don't go out and you die? What will happen, what will I have to do? "
"If that's the case, run away and hide. Viserys will never have to find you. Now go, he'll be here soon. "
"I love you mom."
"I love you too, my little dragon and lion."
Unconvinced, Draco opened the wardrobe doors and huddled inside while Cersei closed them.
She slowly walked beside Daenerys' body and held her tight until, shortly after, Viserys arrived.
The door was broken down by one of the two soldiers who were accompanying and protecting him, the only ones he still trusted.
"Take her."
Forcefully they pulled Cersei away from Daenerys and Viserys walked over to her sister.
It had been almost seven years since he had seen her, and when he saw her again the one who was supposed to be his soldier had taken her away.
"Don't touch her."
Cersei said as she was trying to break free, but he didn't listen to her and gently smoothed her face with the touch of his hand.
"Sister, you are beautiful. I'm sorry if I didn't protect you from these madmen. You know ... I want to sing you our song one last time even though you probably won't hear me. "
So saying he began singing 'The Beautiful Dragonstone Maiden'.
" Viserys stop."
"Didn't you like how I sang Cersei?"
"No, you were good. But stop doing this, she died because of you! Because of you and your madness! "
"I loved her!"
"She was a year old when you left, how did you love her?"
"You should know perfectly well how to do it."
"That's right, I loved Jaime. Are you happy now? I said it. I loved Jaime, but before and never as much as I loved your brother and you killed them both. "
"There is a reason why I did it."
"And what would it be?"
Viserys stood up and slowly approached Cersei as he admired her from top to bottom.
"Undress her, when I'm done with her kill her. You don't have to touch her, did you understand me? "
"Yes my King."
Their filthy hands began to touch her dress, and they tried to take it off without a hint of delicacy.
She tried to get them to stop, not to completely destroy her dress that had been given to her by Rhaegar.
"Stop! Leave me! "
"Shut up woman!"
"No! Leave me! I can do it by myself. "
Viserys got up from the chair he was sitting in, amazed by what she had said.
It had been easier than he thought, the Queen would be his and she would go to him without the need to hold her back.
"You could have said right away that you didn't need to be hold back. Tell me, how do you want me to make you mine? How did you do it with your brother or mine? "
"First of all they were silent and admired me."
"Sure, I'm sorry. I'll be silent now. "
She began to undress slowly, as slowly as possible.
Her hand was touching her shoulder, and she began to remove the shoulder strap while with the other hand she held the dress so that it did not fall immediately.
With her eyes she was looking at Viserys, but with her mind she was praying that Draco would do something and he did.
The closet doors snapped open and he did a magic that petrified the soldier to Cersei's right, from which she stole the sword and stabbed the one on her left and then killed the petrified one as well.
Viserys watched and when his companions were on the ground he pulled out his sword to try to kill her, but Draco stopped him as he had stopped the soldier, only he could still move his facial muscles thus making him able to speak.
"You won't kill me, you're just two deluded fools. I am your King, you should bow before me. "
Cersei didn't hold back from laughing and walked over to him as she adjusted her dress.
She was face to face with him, with the person who had now taken away almost everyone she cared about but it was time to make him understand that what he did was wrong; very wrong.
"Finally this moment has arrived, you know I've been waiting for it for a long time; since you pushed me and I could have lost my baby. Fortunately I didn't, but you kept trying. You continued to be an evil fool. You know I thought you were like your father, but now I understand that maybe you are worse. Your father was mad, that's right. But he wanted to kill everyone, but you understand what you are doing and you don't want everyone to die but only the people who in your opinion have done something to you. I wondered what I did to you, and I honestly don't think I did anything. You were just afraid, indeed you were jealous of Draco. I understand, you loved your brother and then I came and gave him a new baby to take care of, a new heir to the Throne. But I really wanted to try to be your mother, to console you, and if you had been more careful you would have known that you and Draco could reign together but you immediately drew your conclusions. Now that child, my son, your brother's son, the one you tried to kill and still want to see dead, will kill you here and today. I would have liked to kill you, but Draco has a better right. "
"No please, don't make him do it Cersei please. I promise I'll be good, I'll go to the Wall, please don't let me die please. Mom, please. "
In Viserys eyes there was anger, fear and disappointment; emotions that he never expected to feel while standing in front of Cersei or her son, but she was not fooled by his last words and gestured for Draco to continue.
"Avada Kedavra!"
From the wand came a light so white and so bright that Cersei had to cover her eyes and turn away.
Maybe because of the speed of how she turned, or maybe because of the light so powerful, her head started spinning and it didn't take long before she passed out and fell to the ground.
A baby's cry woke her up.
It took her a while to understand where she was.
She was in her bed, there was no one near her, just a cradle with a baby inside.
"Joffrey".
She took him in her arms and began to cradle him so as to calm him, he basically has been crying since he was born.
He was a very lively child.
But it was all very strange, the dream she had just had was very strange.
It seemed to her that she was living another life, spending years in a reality that she had imagined and that would last only a few hours in the real world.
She was married to Rhaegar, she had a child with him, she had been a mother to Daenerys, and Viserys had killed most of the people she loved.
It all seemed so real, but apparently it wasn't.
She was Cersei Lannister and she was married to Robert Baratheon, her brother Jaime was her lover and Joffrey was their bastard son.
She wanted so much to live forever in her dream, but when her gaze shifted to her bedside table she was even more confused.
A piece of wood lay there, but it wasn't just a stick it was a wand; Draco's wand.
'Maybe it really happened after all,' she thought as she cradled little Joffrey and admired that wand that had been essential to defeat Viserys in her dream.

POV Draco

The light from the wand was very bright and he had to turn around to avoid blindness, but when he turned he found himself lying on a bed.
Boys were around him.
"Draco are you okay?"
"Yeah, just a bad dream Blaise now get out of here."
"Soon the lesson of defense of the dark arts begins, should we wait for you in the classroom?"
"Yes. Go, I will join you."
After they left the room he sat on the edge of the bed, on his bedside table there was no wand he looked for it everywhere but no trace of it.
It was not possible, probably the dream had upset him and now he did not even remember where was the thing he needed most.
But that dream was too real to be, he was the son of a King and a Queen and he had seen many people fight and die like his two sisters.
Both had died and had been held in her mother's arms in a bed.
But now he was a wizard at Hogwarts, he had returned to his normal life, yet the thought of that dream continued to haunt him.
He could still hear Daenerys' voice singing, and the music coming from Rhaegar's harp.
He could still remember Cersei's sweet hugs.
How he wanted to go back to that world right away, but unfortunately he would have to continue his usual life as a nasty Slytherin with a lousy father; he had to find the wand otherwise he would have been punished.
While looking for it, under the pillow, he found a necklace the same one that Cersei and Daenerys wore.
'Maybe, after all, it wasn't just a dream', he thought as he tied it around his neck.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑯𝒑 𝑿 𝑮𝒐𝑻 (𝑪𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒇, 𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒅) - in review 🎉