𝑭𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒖𝒆𝒔

The walk to the Small Council’s room seemed to never end; before then she had never noticed how many corridors and stairs there were inside the Red Keep, which began to look like a labyrinth with no exit.
“My Queen, the King is momentarily busy. If you want, I can tell him he's waiting for you."
"Tell him I need to speak to him urgently."
"Okay, My Queen."
When the door swung open Cersei could see the council members turn to look at who was disturbing their meeting, and upon seeing her they stood up and bowed.
“Your Grace, your wife asks if she could speak to you; she says it's urgent. "
"I'll hear from her as soon as we're done with this problem."
"My King, there is no need. I'm sure the other members and I could solve this mess even without your help. It's not that urgent."
"Are you sure, Lord Varys?"
"I'm more than sure."

When everyone had gone out, and the door was closed, Cersei entered and sat down to Rhaegar's left.
"So, what is so urgent that it gets my attention while I'm solving issues to keep the peace of the Realm?"
"I don't know ... Maybe our son."
"What happened? Tell me he's fine. "
"Yes, Rhaegar is fine. Now Jaime is taking care of him."
"Then I'm sure it's better if we go and see how he’s doing."
"Rhaegar I can assure you that Draco is in no danger with his uncle."
"If you are so sure, can you explain to me why you are here?"
"I wanted to speak to you about your brother."
"Sure, tell me!"
"It's better if you sit down, I don't think you will like what I'm about to ask."
Rhaegar did as Cersei told him, concerned about what she might ask him.
“I'm sitting. Now speak. "
"I was thinking ... You are the King now, right?"
"Until proven otherwise ..."
"Your brother is Lord of Dragonstone now."
“I was the one who gave him the title. But I'm not understanding what you want to ask me. Don't tell me you want to send him to Dragonstone, that would be really absurd. "
Cersei nodded.
"Rhaegar I know you love your brother very much, but you have to let him go like I will sooner or later have to let Draco go."
"No!"
The objects on the table were forcefully thrown to the ground by Rhaegar, and the more fragile ones shattered into a thousand pieces.
“Rhaegar… Viserys is an smart child; I'm sure if you send him to Dragonstone, with trusted people who can advise him, he will be a very good Lord. "
"I said no. I will not send my brother to Dragonstone without good reason, he will stay here with us. "
“The reason is that he has to grow! If you will always be there ready to defend him, how will he protect himself when you are no longer by his side? "
"Are you sure is that the reason?"
Rhaegar asked in annoyance.
"What would you say?"
“Viserys told me about his concern that you and Jaime are still sleeping together. Maybe you want to send him away for this, because it's the truth; because Draco isn't a Targaryen, he's not a dragon, he's just a lion, a pure Lannister. "
Cersei stood up and walked in shock to the door.
"Is this what you think?"
"It seems to me the only thing possible."
"Will you send him to Dragonstone?"
"I will let you know."
The tension between the two was getting higher, and even if Cersei wanted to tell him the truth about his brother, the scene he had made as soon as she asked him to send him away had made her change her mind.
How would Rhaegar have reacted if she had told him that his brother was as mad as their father, the one whom Rhaegar had killed for that reason?
In any case, she would never speak to him again as long as he apologized to her for thinking that Jaime was still her lover.
He wasn't entirely wrong to worry, after all, the twins were truly united right from the start.
But it was Rhaegar who made the two stop being lovers, simply knowing that she was marrying him had made Cersei stop feeling anything for her brother.
And the baby ... Their baby.
How could he think he wasn't his? He too had seen how much he resembled a little Targaryen, yet Rhaegar believed his brother more than her.
Jaime was right. Rhaegar cared more for Viserys than for his son's mother.
Rhaegar was furious, he didn't understand how Cersei could ask him to send his brother away.
He had promised Viserys that he would never abandon him, that he would always be by his side and now he didn't want to disappoint him by telling him otherwise.
It was a few hours before he made up his mind to go talk to his brother, and by this time he still hadn't been able to fully understand what he wanted to do.
“Viserys, it's me. Can I talk to you?"
The door opened immediately, as if he was waiting for his visit.
“Hi big brother, luckily you are here. I was just about to come looking for you. "
"And I came here because I wanted to talk to you."
“What a happy coincidence. Take a seat."
Rhaegar took a seat in one of the chairs near the table, and for a moment admired the view over the calm city.
"Why were you coming for me?"
"First tell me why you are here."
“I'll go straight to the point. Cersei wants me to send you to Dragonstone now that you are its Lord. "
"And what do you want?"
“I just want to carry out what I promised our mother. Protect you and Daenerys. And I made this promise to you too. "
"So keep it."
"I can't Viserys."
"Why not?"
“Cersei is my wife, the mother of my son. I don't want to ruin everything. "
"So you want to screw everything up with your little brother?"
"Please Viserys, understand me ..."
“I understand you, and I accept your request. I'll start packing my bags immediately so I'll be ready to go tomorrow. "
Viserys stood up and pulled out a travel box from under his bed as tears began to flow down his pale face.
"Viserys, please don't cry."
Rhaegar said as he joined him.
“How can I not cry? I'll miss you. I will miss you all. "
“Well at Dragonstone you won't be alone. You'll have your maids and Jaime with you."
"But he's your personal guard."
“And from tomorrow he will be yours. If Cersei wants to send my brother away, then I will send hers away."
“She won't be happy with that. Isn't there anyone else who can take his place? "
"No. He'll be the one to protect you, since I won't be able to. And now stop contesting my decisions. Give your big brother a hug! "
Viserys smiled and in the warm and tender embrace, Rhaegar joined in Viserys crying.
He was failing his brother.
He was failing his mother, whose only dying request was that he should protect Viserys and Daenerys.