Day Four

Day Four - Twenty-six days Left

I 'wake up' feeling refreshed. The kitchen is clean and empty, so I eat breakfast (making a mess and once again leaving every drawer and door open) then saunter through the house, ignoring the wary looks of shock I see along the way. To lessen suspicion I grabbed a feather duster, but I'm guessing the crop top and tight pants, 'yoga pants' Wolfie called them, are not my typical garb.

Ronson's office is unlocked. Apparently, no one has the guts to steal from the alpha around here.

I explore the shelves first, noting the crazy amount of books. Seems like the alpha-pooh is a nerdy-boo. I look out the windows and see the training fields. Several people, men mostly, are out there training... in nothing but shortie-shorts. I stop watching them when I realize I am drooling... literally. It is like watching Greek Olympians train back in the day (and, no, I am not that old, geesh people.) The only thing that could make this better is if they were fully nude. Muscles... nice.

I pick at the sleek silver box on his desk next. "What's this?"

A laptop

"Hmm? Is this a computer?"

Yes, a laptop

"Oh my God, Wolfie!" I squeal outloud like a girl, "awesome. So cool. It's sleek and shiny and I can't even open it! Oh, never mind, it's open. I can't even turn it on! Oh, there it goes."

He has no password. You can just jump right onto the Internet.

"Yeah, I have no idea what you just said."

The Internet?

"What?"

Oh Goddess. It is... awesome. Ingrid never got to use it...

Wolfie's voice trails off sadly. "The Internet?" I ask her out loud.

"Who are you talking to?" snaps a male not-as-svelte-as-Ronson voice. I look up to see a puppy. I swear to God, he is adorable baby doggie. Big brown eyes, floppy blond hair, wet nose, (just kidding). "Hello? Ingrid? What are you doing?" he asks slowly.

I snap my mouth shut because, yes, I am gaping. "You're so cute."

"I'm cute?" he mumbles with a half-smirk, suddenly looking sheepish. He rubs the back of his neck.

Benjamin

"Aww, even your name is adorable," I coo at him. Benjie? It's a puppy name. He blinks, looking a little stunned, and I remember what I was doing. "Oh, hey! Do you know the Inter-something?" He looks more confused.

The Internet... Goddess, Wolfie sighs in my head.

"Oh, the Internet, Wolfie tells me."

"Wolfie? Internet?"

"You don't know what the Internet is either?" My shoulders slump dejectedly. It sounds like fun.

"Ah, no, I know all about the Internet," he says sarcastically, "who is Wolfie?"

"The voice inside my head," I say absently. I poke the keyboard. It's built-in. This sucker is so sleek and shiny. Awesome.

"Ingrid? You hear a voice-"

"Anyway, it's Innie," I interrupt him loudly. Benji clearly has trouble focusing. "You know the Internet?"

"Everyone knows the Internet, Ingrid."

I squeal, making him step backward as I charge across the room. "Teach me, teach me!" I order him, pulling him over to the desk. "Sit," I push his shoulder and nothing happens. "Please?" I beg, "please, please, please, pretty please with sugar on top and a cherry and-"