Day Eight

Day Eight - Twenty-two days left

"On the prowl again," I sing quietly. No, not that kind of prowl, dirty-minded people. I'm looking for Benjamin. I have no idea why I have fixated on this poor guy, probably because he seems so damn gullible for all my tricks, and he looks like a puppy.

I giggle. I just can't stop the dog jokes. "Here puppy, puppy," I change my song.

We are not dogs

"Yeah, yeah, Wolfie. Keep telling yourself that." Wolfie is beginning to be able to read my mind.

I don't bother to knock on the door this time. Hey, I only have twenty-two days left. "Benjamin! Benjie, Benjie, Benjamin!" I skip over to his horrified face. Ignoring the girl under him (a redhead this time, folks,) I smile and kiss his sweaty cheek. "Guess what we are going to do today?"

"Apparently have blue balls?" he snaps as he hauls himself off of (and out of) the girl to her shouts of dismay.

"Oh, don't let me stop you," I roll my eyes at him.

"Get out!" the girl hisses.

"No," I say cheerfully, "I don't mind!"

"Fuck, Innie," Benjamin climbs out of the bed and yanks on his pants. Glaring at me he spreads his arms out wide. "What do you want today, madam?"

"Put on a shirt because we are going shopping and the rule is 'no shoes, no shirt, no service!"

His arms fall limp. "I am not going shopping, Innie." He crawls back into bed and yanks the covers over his head. "Benji!" I whine, crawling after him. The redhead sneaks out while I sit on top of him. "Please, Benjamin! I want to buy... shoes."

I am tossed to the side as he sits up abruptly. "What?!"

"Yeah, shoes, and a coat. It's cold and I don't have anything to wear to keep me warm." I'm totally lying. Hannah's closet is my own personal clothing store and she just bought two coats yesterday to add to her (my) collection, but he'll figure it out eventually.

"Seriously, Innie?"

"Yes, so hurry, hurry, hurry!"

Half-an-hour later I pull Benjamin into the first store.

"Good Morning," the woman greets him nervously. Apparently, everyone in this town knows all about the weirdos in the 'cult.'

"Ingrid, you are out of your mind if you think I'm buying you anything from this store."

"Benjamin," I scold, "I just want a bow and arrow to practice with. Archery is a very calming sport."

"No."

"What about this crossbow?"

"Hell, no."

"I'm guessing a gun is out of the question?"

"You're guessing correctly."

"How about this?" I hold up a bottle of pepper spray. "What is this?" I shake the can and Benjamin snatches it from my hand and puts it back on the shelf.

"How about we go buy you some nice shoes and a coat?" He glares at me. Ah, he's finally getting it.

"We'll take this," I tell her, picking up the pepper spray and putting it down on the counter, "and that taser, and the baton, and.... oh, oh, oh, those daggers!" I point, giddily jumping around.

"No daggers," Benjamin growls out.

"The bow and arrow?"

"No, Innie!"