Day Sixteen

Day Sixteen - Fourteen days left

Warning - Oversharing below.

#RollingmyeyesatRonson, #Iknowwhatahashtagis!, #bestchangelingever, #loveInnie

Having sex is Mating?" Well, duh, Innie.

Yes

I swear Wolfie is blushing. Sooo virginal, even now. Adorable. I don't even know what being a virgin is like. Heck, I've woken up in more beds than I can count. Just kidding, it's twenty-four. Twenty-four different lovers and beds and that doesn't count the ones I crawled into after I woke up.

Innie?

Oh, right. "Mating is sex. Marking is getting bitten along with mating venom. And the vows are just a declaration that you accept each other and really mean nothing."

It's important.

I can't help the indelicate snort that comes out. "No, it's the sex and biting that's important. Words are cheap, Wolfie." And, apparently, having your mate cheat on you after you have had sex or been bitten drives the wolf wild. The wolf then causes internal physical damage to the body, I mean your body. Of course, there's also a psychological component, too.

"So... when Ronson Marks Shana then you'll feel it and go berserk?"

No.

"What?" I ask, exasperated. "If it's going to hurt you then I need to get rid of Shana now, Wolfie. This is so confusing."

I won't feel it. You're safe, Innie.

"Why won't you feel it?"

Wolfie retreats into her den and disappears. Her abrupt departure is startling and I actually feel my muscles jerk in response. Right. I should just go and ask Ronson.

I leave his suite and meander downstairs. The wolves I see on the way glance at me with wary eyes, but I just smile brightly and tell them I'm going to the Alpha's office.

I skip inside without knocking, hoping to Shana, but it's empty except for Goon and Ronson. Ronson is on the phone behind his desk, and Goon is pacing behind him. They both look deadly serious, but when the alpha sees me, he crooks his fingers at me with a small smile.

I walk over and sit on his lap. Goon rolls his eyes at me so I stick my tongue out at him. The big man huffs and sits in an easy-chair pulled up to the side of the desk.

"Thank you, Luna," Ronson says in a very serious, respectful tone. He waits a beat, and I see the muscle in his jaw clench. "In a week, yes," he says through gritted teeth. "I assume another week or two after."

There's a pause while I scooch closer to the phone, trying to listen to this other alpha. Ronson gently pushes me back when my nose bumps his fingers holding the cell. All I can hear is a light voice, then a deep rumble. There must be more than one person on the other end of the call.

"Understood. Thank you," Ronson says politely.

I lean away from Ronson and whisper to Goon, "who is Ronson talking to?"

There's a deafening silence in the room, then I hear that deep rumble from the phone again.

Ronson scowls at me and replies, "my Omega, Innie." He clears his throat and changes the subject from me quickly, "I will have Garth relay the information, Alpha." I sigh and slump, trying to wiggle free of Ronson's arms. "Yes," he says, "it's extremely important."

The voice rumbles on, then Ronson says, "Congratulations on the new pup," and says his goodbyes.

"Innie, hold still," he says calmly. I wiggle a little more, giggling at the word 'pup.' They have puppies. I wiggle harder. I think I made a mistake by speaking outloud. I would like to leave before Ronson punishes...