Day Twenty-Two Again

Day Twenty-two Again

I split this entry into two pieces because I was crying over Grant. Then, Benji hit 'send' and added it to my journal before I was done talking, because he's sooooo impatient. He seems distracted today.

Oh, well.

Anyway - Day Twenty-two Again - Eight Days left

"One week, Grant," I whisper to the smoldering ashes. The bonfire has long since burned out, the drizzle of rain from the sky guaranteeing that soon even the red embers will die. The funeral was nothing more than uncomfortable. Shana was not there, but Damien was. He and several other wolves had eyed me with such malice. I wonder if Ronson's dirty secret (me) is not as secret as I thought. Did they know I am their alpha's true mate or did they think I am some homewrecker? Then again, even if I am Ronson's true mate, am I still a homewrecker? Oh hell, who am I fooling? Ingrid was not a homewrecker, but I sure am.

In the cruelest sense of the word, I have given power to Ronson using the misogynistic world of the alpha-male. He can pursue other lovers long after I'm gone, and Shana will be stuck because she chose the title over her own dignity once before. Maybe that's the best revenge. Her life will always be empty and barren, an unwanted trophy wife to a man who loves a ghost.

"Baby, come inside," Ronson murmurs in my ear. I nod and take his offered hand. We walk into the kitchen in silence and take off our wet shoes, adding them to the pile by the door.

We walk into the kitchen. Several subdued voices greet Ronson. No one says anything to me, it is like I am invisible. I wonder if Ingrid felt that way.

A spark of anger chases away the last of the chill from my damp hair. I see Goon with a bowl of ice cream and snatch it away as I walk past him and back out the door. Yup, there are perks to being the bitch banging the alpha.

It's Rocky Road. Good stuff.

That is not the way a Luna or Omega acts

"I'm a Changeling," I mutter grumpily.

I know. I like you like this. You are strong and fun and brave.

"Thanks, Wolfie-girl." She is so much better at comforting than me. I wander to the infirmary to see Benjamin. No, not the creepy dungeon infirmary, the nice, bright, clean infirmary next door to the mansion.

"Hey Benji," I greet him. Ronson told me he is back to work, which apparently means Ronson swamped him in paperwork so that he can 'rest,' in the infirmary.

"Innie, should you be here?" He rolls his eyes at me.

"I brought you ice cream," I hand him the half-eaten bowl.

"You ate my ice cream?" He sniffs then smirks, "you ate Garth's ice cream?"

"Finders keepers."

He snorts, but finishes the bowl.

"So," I sigh.

"So," he replies, looking at me solemnly. "Sex was good," he says after we pause.

I burst into laughter. "It was... nice."

He winces, "ouch. I bet you're all fire in bed with Alpha."

I shrug. "He is a married man... wolf, in just a week."

"Really? Shana killed a pup in front of a dozen witnesses."

"I provoked her," I say quietly.

Benji looks up from the ice cream and gives me a meaningful stare. "She knew better. She also knows that Alpha is your mate. It's pretty obvious, with how he beat the shit out of me." He sighs and rubs his face. "It's kind of a problem, Innie. Every pack has wolves who will believe that a wolf should never give up on their goddess-given mate."