XX: Fort Merceus

"Although you were in that state, you're free now, Byleth.", Rodrigue told Byleth. Her mint green eyes started to tear up and she ran over to him. "Father!", she cried out. Later that day, she finally told Mercedes, Dedue, Ashe, Linhardt, Caspar, Ferdinand, Petra, Bernadetta, Dorothea, Lorenz, Raphael, Ignatz, Leonie, Lysithea, Hilda, Marianne, Hanneman, Manuela, Cyril, Shamir, Seteth, Flayn, Alois and the wolves about her past as the mage who specialized in magic, swords and lances in the blue lions classroom. "Are you serious, Byleth?! He's the only father you've ever known?!", Constance asks her. "Yes, Constance.", Byleth replied. "I owe all of you a explanation, huh?", she asks them. "Yes, you do.", Yuri told her from where he was leaning against one of the pillars in the blue lions classroom. "I was left on Father's doorstep when I was nearly two months old. As all twenty years went on, I became the mage who specialized in magic, swords and lances. Nearly six months after my 16th birthday, I prevented a tragedy when I saved Glenn, Dimitri, his father, Lambert and Dedue from getting killed. It wasn't until a year and a half later on my 18th birthday I finally learned who my birth parents were.", she explains. "So in other words, you lost your birth parents shortly after you were born when you were just a newborn baby girl, meaning you needed the only father you've ever known, so Lady Rhea left you in the basket with the blanket on top of the basket on his doorstep and knocked on his door nearly two months later.", Yuri said to Byleth."Indeed, Yuri.", she said to him. "Due to this, I'm in the middle of Father's children. Felix is the youngest of the three of us and we share Glenn as our older brother.", she finished. All of a sudden, Annette darts in and asks them to come to the cardinals room and they follow her. Once there, they are told the kingdom army's next mission was to capture Fort Merceus. By the end of that month, the kingdom army successfully completed their mission.