Chapter 1

It was dark in the area around the Korbanil Lab Facility in Mistral. Mystery Inc. was in yet another case. They were trying to catch a monster known as Daemonium Viventem, a 12 foot tall, 7 foot wide hybrid of a zombie and a demon and apparent science experiment gone wrong.

"Like, why are we always the bait, Scoob?" Shaggy asked. "Next time, please talk me out of this kind of thing."

"RYou know I can't pull that off." Scooby stated. "REspecially since they always have Scooby Snacks"

Back with Fred, Velma, Daphne, Velvet, Ren, and Ruby, they were hiding around a corner in one of the lab's various halls. They had set up a trap for Daemonium Viventem.

"Okay, gang, here's the plan." Fred starts. "Scooby and Shaggy will lure Daemonium Viventem to this cross section in the hallway and when they do, Ruby and Velvet pull the levers I set up to cut a rope which will drop a cage right on top of Daemonium Viventem once he's on the spot I marked with the X."

"But how do we get him to stand there?" Velvet asked

"Simple. When I give Ren and Velma a signal, they switch on the huge overhead lights, which that'll blind hi for long enough until you and Ruby can release the net." Fred explains

Shaggy and Scooby's screaming was heard in the distance, Ren, Velma, Velvet, and Ruby getting into position.

"On the signal." Fred spoke throug

Scooby and Shaggy were getting closer, their footsteps being heard. When Daemonium Viventem was in position, the lights intended to bld it wouldn't turn on. Even after being unplugged and plugged back in.

"Uh, what's the problem???" Fred asked

"The lights wont turn on!!" Velma called out

"Freddy,, do you have a plan B??" Velvet asked

"Of course I do." Fred says. "RUN!!!!"

The group takes off running in separate directions, Daemonium Viventem roared loudly and chased after Scooby, Shaggy, and Ruby first

Since they were the first ones to get chased, they had to think of an escape plan quickly. they jumped into some barrels.

Scooby-Dooby-Doo, Where are You?
We got some things to do now

When Daemonium Viventem got to the barrels, but was looking away, Scooby poked his head out of one of the barrels, ducking back in when Daemonium Viventem looked at him and ran over to the barrel.

Scooby-Dooby-Doo, Where are You?
We need some help from you now

The monster somehow predicted the shenanigans and broke all the barrels in one hard slam on the ground, prompting Scooby, Shaggy, and Ruby to run off.

Fred and Ren had been the next targets for Daemonium Viventem, who was on all fours chasing them.

Come on Scooby-Doo, I see you
Pretedin' you got a sliver

They looked back as they ran. When seeing Daemonium Viventem getting closer by the second, they had grabbed a couple of empty crates and threw both crates right at Daemonium Viventem.

But you're not fooling me, cause I can see
The way you shake and shiver

The monster was knocked out in basically one hit from the crates, allowing Fred and Ren to make their escape.

Later, elsewhere in the facility, Daphne, Velma, and Velvet and been peeking around corners and ducking back out of sight from Daemonium Viventem. The monster kept getting close to getting them, but was just barely missing each time.

You know we got a mystery to solve, so Scooby-Doo, be ready for your act

Daemonium Viventem then started smashing the corners, one by one in an attempt to find Velma, Velvet, and Daphne.

Don't hold back!

When the three were discovered, they knew they had to start running again, just barely avoiding the grasp of Daemonium Viventem, who tried to leap at them as they ran.

And Scooby-Doo, if you come through, you're gonna have a Scooby Snack

The group eventually all rammed into each other at a cross section of a hallway in the facility.

That's a fact!

"Well, like, hey, gang." Shaggy said. "But now, I don't think it's time for catching up cause we GOTTA RUN!!!!"

The group all looked and saw Daemonium Viventem running at them, sparking a little, they all knew it was a robot now, but that didn't make it any less scary. So, they all got up and ran for the exit of the facility.

"Look! The exit!!" Fred exclaimed. "And Atlas Military forces are here!"

"We just gotta figure out who's behind this and get them arrested, then we can leave, right???" Shaggy asked

"Correct. But how do we figure out who it is??" Ren responds

"I have another idea, gang, but first, we gotta capture ol' Daemonium Viventem." Fred responds

Scooby-Dooby-Doo, Here are You
You're ready and you're willin'

By the time Daemonium Viventem got to where the gang had split up again, it looked around confused.

If we can count on you, Scooby-Doo
I know we'll catch that villain

Out of nowhere, Fred's electrical whip, a spare rope, and a chain had wrapped around Daemonium Viventem.

I know we'll catch that villain
Yeah!!

The three various rope-like items, then started tugging in opposite directions, eventually pulling Daemonium Viventem apart, revealing it was a full on robot.

"So, Mr. Creepy Demon was a fake after all." Shaggy said as a couple of ATlas Military soldiers walked in

"He was a highly advanced robot that would have taken years of research to build." Velma explains

"And cause of that, Daemonium Viventem is controlled by a VR setup of sorts, which is why it moved and acted like a real, living creature."  Fred says

"But, like,if he's remote controlled, then who's holding the remote??" Shaggy asked

Some footsteps and the sound of stuff hitting the floor was heard. Ruby saw the culprit running away, luckily in the direction of the cage. So, she pulled out Crescent Rose, in sniper rifle mode, and shot the rope holding up the cage, making it fall down and successfully catching the culprit, who had on a ski mask to hide their face.

"Yes!! Fred's trap still came in handy." Ruby said, thankful that the trap came in handy

When Mystery Inc. walked over, Fred reached into the cage, pulling off the culprit's ski mask revealing....

"Mr. Korbanil, the lab owner?!?!?!?!??!?" Mystery Inc. all exclaimed in confusion

"Yes, it was me who did it." Korbanil stated. "I created the legend of Daemonium Viventem, I created the technology I used, I did it all."

"But why?? Why break into your own lab and use a monster to cover it up?" Daphne asks

"Because, in the lab, there's files on a secret project that the Atlas Military funded without my knowledge." Korbanil said. "I wanted to obtain the files and do the experiment myself and laim ALL the credit."

"So, you invented the legend of Daemonium Viventem to scare people  away and cover your tracks." Velvet commented

"Yes, and I would have done it too, if you meddling pests didn't show up!!" Korbanil snapped