Ponyboy//You're Safe Now

Request from Brooke:

Ponyboy (snuggling and he whispers sweet stuff to me)

Yay! I got my first request! It's from @brookelorraine07 so I hope you like it, Brooke! Don't forget to private message me any of your requests, because I'd love to do them!

Brooke's POV:

As I walked home from the movies, I checked behind my shoulder now and then to make sure I wasn't being followed. Of course, being followed itself is bad, but I was purposefully making sure I didn't see any cars. Well, any blue mustangs, to be specific. 

Let me explain. In my hometown of Tulsa, Oklahoma, we have these friend groups, or gangs if you'd like to be specific, and they hate each other. There are the Socs, aka the socials, and there are the Greasers. The Socs are the rich elite of the town, and the greasers are, well, not. I am a greaser, and because of this, all of the Socs are always after me. Stupid, I know, but that's just how it is. When the Socs go after us greasers, they're usually in a blue mustang, because one of the older guys owns that car, so we always stay clear of that car.

It sucks being scared to walk home alone at night, don't get me wrong, but there are some benefits to being a greaser. Most importantly, the cute boys. My friends from school say Soda is the cutest in our gang, but I disagree. It has to be Ponyboy, it just does. He has the most beautiful hair and the cutest eyes. I've always had a small crush on him, who am I kidding, a huge crush on him, but I've never told him, or anyone because I don't think he'd like me back.

My walk back from the movies actually was taking me to his house, as that's where most of us greasers hang out together, when all of a sudden, I heard an engine roar. I was so lost in thought that I had forgotten to check behind me, but this time I was too late. Three boys came out of the car, well, stumbled out of the car. I was surprised they could even stand up considering the fact that they were very very drunk.

I tried to run but failed to get away in time. The boys grabbed me and quickly took their switchblades out. I guess because they were so drunk, they weren't going to waste any time getting down to business. They cut my cheek up a bit, threw me to the ground, and kicked me in the stomach a couple of times. I screamed out for help, but no one could hear. I was so scared, I must have passed out from fear.

The next thing I could remember was a handsome young man helping me off the ground.

Pony's POV:

I heard some screaming from a couple of blocks down, and ran outside as fast as I could to see what was going on. As soon as I came into the street, I saw the classic blue mustang drive away from a little lump off in the distance. I knew it was a person, but I couldn't make out who it was. 

I ran as fast as I could to help whoever was there and stopped dead in my tracks when I finally realized who it was. It was Brooke. She was lying there in the middle of the street and didn't move at all. I was horrified at the possibility that she could be extremely hurt, so I screamed a bit to myself. 

I finally brushed off my fear and continued running to her as fast as I could. Since I was on the track team, I was fairly good at running, but I don't think I ever ran faster than when I saw Brooke lying there in the street. She was one of us greasers, and I always had a little crush on her. Fine, a giant crush on her. Still, I never told her, because I thought she wouldn't like me back.

As I approached her lying on the ground, I took her pulse, just to make sure she was ok and picked her up in my arms. She looked a little dazed, so I whispered to her, "Shh, it's ok everything will be alright. You're safe now. Go back to sleep Brooke." "Pony?" she questioned quietly out to me. I nodded as I opened the door and placed her on the bed Soda and I shared. Since none of my brothers or friends were home, I'd have to clean her up all by myself. By myself. I blushed thinking about the time I'd get to spend alone with her.