Sodapop//Shhhh

It was just like any other dinner time at the Curtis home. All of us greasers sitting around the table, talking and laughing while we stuffed our faces full of food that had to be as unhealthy as possible. I hate being a drama queen, so when anything is bothering me, I try to be as quiet about it as possible. Still, that night I felt really dizzy, and the loud cheering of the boys surrounding me was killing me. It felt like every word was a dagger into my ear. I stayed for as long as I possibly could, but when the harsh volume was too much for me to handle, I stood up and began to stumble my way towards the entrance of the home. As I was about to reach the door handle, I felt a soft hand touch my back and I instantly knew it was Soda's. I had had a huge crush on him for a while then, so whenever he touched me, I took the chance to really study what he felt like and the way that his touch made me feel. "Hey, Y/N what's wrong?" Soda asked softly. His gentle tone told me that he already knew what was up, but was just asking to make sure his suspicions were correct. "Nothing, it's just a little loud right now, so I think I'm just gonna head out for the night," I answered, knowing that I couldn't stand being there for much longer. The noises coming from the kitchen seemed to fade as I looked into Soda's eyes. It was as if he was the cure to my uncomfortability. "You can't leave now, we haven't had cake yet! Come on, let's get some rest in my room while everyone finishes up their supper. You'll feel better by the time they bring out the cake, I promise." Sodapop's eyes glistened in the pale moonlight that the window let into the house. I nodded and smiled as he took my hand and guided me to his room. I don't think the rest of the gang noticed, because if they had then they would have been hooting and hollering obnoxiously. Then again, maybe they did notice and maybe they were being obnoxiously loud, but I couldn't tell because Soda was holding my hand. The only thing I could hear was his touch telling me that everything was ok. I sat down on the bed, as he turned the lights off and walked towards me. He knew me better than I knew myself because the instant the lights were off, my eyes felt a burden of pain disappear, helping my dizziness begin to subside. Soda sat down right next to me and held me in his arms. We leaned back on the bed, and I used his chest as a pillow. Suddenly, the world went silent. His arms protected me from anything that could cause me any pain, as though they were a fortrace protecting soldiers from attack. I savored every second I had in his arms and tried my hardest not to fall asleep, but alas, I began to doze off. "Thanks, Soda," I whispered out, trying to convey to him how much he truly had helped me. "Shhhh," he responded as he twirled my hair and held me tighter. I soon fell asleep in his arms, feeling the safest and most comfortable that I had felt in my entire life.

If only I could stay there in his arms forever...