Sodapop//Christmas

How you would spend Christmas will Sodapop...

You wake up to the sound of Sodapop snoring next to you in bed. You check the time to see that it is about 9am and turn to wake Soda up. "Soda, babe, it's time to wake up." His eyes flutter open and he lets out a little sigh. He usually does this because he hates getting up in the morning, he can't look that handsome without his beauty sleep. He doesn't respond to you, so you move closer and start cuddling with him. Maybe some hugs will wake him up. "Soda, come on," you repeat, now twirling his hair in your hand. "I'm getting up, I'm getting up," he finally says as he pushes himself up in bed. You give him a big hug and say, "Remember what day it is?" You say this with a slight smirk on your face, but the pretty stupid Soda doesn't understand. "Friday?" he asks in total confusion. You shake your head. "Crap, is it your birthday?" he asks as he starts sweating nervously thinking he forgot your birthday. You giggle because your birthday is no where close to Christmas. "Babe," you whisper out, waiting for him to realize. He remains clueless until you say, "Soda, it's Christmas." His eyes light up the second you say Christmas but all of the joy quickly shuts out of him as he begins laughing hysterically. "Wow, I'm that stupid," he laughs at himself, bewildered by the fact that he just forgot his favorite day of the year. "You're not stupid Soda, you're just tired." Even though you knew it was true, you didn't like when he called himself stupid. "I'm so excited, come on Y/N, why didn't you wake me up earlier," he shouts as he pops out of bed, clearly trying to annoy you. You give him a cute little eye roll which makes him pick you up and twirl you around in his arms. He sets you down and whispers "Merry Christmas," in your ear. He was so sweet and sooooooo cute. You whisper it back to him and just like that he's out of your bedroom. You follow him down the stairs to see all of the gang sitting around the Christmas tree. Dally hoots when he sees you and you give him a big, real, eye roll at his immaturity. Even though the boys teased you, you knew they loved you and you really loved them. You and Soda took your spots in the circle and everyone began singing Christmas songs. You loved seeing everyone's funny Christmas pajamas and even more so showing off your cute couples pajamas with Soda. You all did a Secret Santa gift exchange instead of getting everyone their own gifts because money was real tight. You picked out Pony's name from the hat and spent a good time finding the perfect gift for him. The smile on Pony's face was amazing when he unwrapped his own copy of Gone With The Wind. "Gee thanks!" he yelled out as he went to give you a hug. You were the last one to receive a gift and you were too busy paying attention to everyone's smiles and reactions to their gifts that you didn't realize that there was only one gift giver left. Soda. He took out a nice blue box, your favorite color, and handed it to you. "Merry Christmas, doll," he whispered out to you, so that just you could hear. All of the other guys were too busy talking with each other to notice that you and Soda were talking. All of the other voices and noises in the world blurred out as Soda spoke to you. It felt as if you were the only two people left in the world, just you and him. You untie the ribbon to the blue box, beginning to feel blush form on your rosy cheeks. Inside of the box is a ring with a little blue stone on it. It was a promise ring! Suddenly, Soda dropped to one knee and said, "Y/N, Y/L/N, I'm giving you this promise ring because I promise to love and cherish you forever, and when the time comes, I will ask you to make me the happiest man alive and marry me. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and I promise that that will never change. So, do you except, umm, do you want, uh, the—" You cut him off by pulling him up off from his knees and giving him the most passionate kiss ever. You two always talked about marriage and knew that you would marry each other as soon as you possibly could. This was the best present you had ever received. You slide the ring on your finger and everyone cheers as you continue to passionately kiss Soda. Your heart is full of joy and love, so when you pull away from Soda's tender touch, you whisper back to him, "I love you Sodapop Curtis." Naturally, he whispers back, "I love you too, Y/N, Y/L/N." That was the perfect Christmas.