Part 1: Chapter 1

JENNIE POV

I was sitting a few feet away from the stage at The BLINKER, a popular night club in Seoul-possibly the most popular night club in all of South Korea, if I may say so myself. And probably the most entertaining one because the place was always packed with people whom came to enjoy the live performances that happen every night. Tonight was my turn to woo the crowd.

I really don't know why I decided to do it, but my friend, Chaeyoung, convinced me to sing a song that night and at a mainstream event held by Chanel Pharrell. She was a singer herself, a regular at The BLINKER. I was a drinker, also a regular.

The place was packed full on this lovely Friday night, or maybe my imagination was playing a game with me because as I stepped onto the stage with a blinding spotlight shining on me, I couldn't see where the crowd ended. And this place was huge. I didn't know how many people could fit in here but Chaeyoung told me she had a crowd of about 500 last week.

I swallowed my fear and gave the crowd a little smirk. As I examined the faces around me, there were already people checking me out, looking me up and down, winking at me, and some even took pictures or began to record. There was definitely a feeling of uneasiness that came with this interesting experience, one that I didn't think I'd enjoy but attention gives me confidence and hell, everyone in this room is here for a show and I'm gonna give it to them.

My hands were a bit shaky when I began but I slowly got used to the rush of adrenaline. A subtle crash of glass shattering came from across the club but I couldn't see what happened with the spotlight that obstructed my vision of the bar. I grew more confident as I kept singing, and the countless eyes on me weren't as intimidating at before.

There was also a handsome face who made his way through the crowd and stood on the side. I tried not to focus on him though, I didn't want to give anyone too much attention in case they get the wrong idea and ask for my number later. I wasn't up for sex tonight. Just the performance.
____

JAEHEE POV

Tonight was a special occasion, the Chanel Pharrell event. It seemed interesting when I heard about it so I decided to check it out. I was sitting at the bar of The BLINKER for the fifth time this week with a beer in my hand as I casually skimmed the drink menu in my other. It's not that my life was just that unbearable, which it is sometimes, but unlike the other people who come to this club to hook up with someone, I came for the music.

There's this girl who sings at the club on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. She's got the most intriguing voice I've ever heard-disregarding anyone on mainstream social media, that is. She goes by the name 'Rosé.' I've never had the chance to talk to her since she always leaves quickly after her performance but coincidentally, she's here tonight. I saw her through the crowd with another girl, most likely a friend of hers since the friend held onto Rosé's arm tightly. The funny thing is, anyone could tell that her friend didn't seem like the type to be at a place like this.

I put my drink down as the spotlight shone on the next performer. I almost choked when I saw who stepped onto the stage. I only got a glimpse of her with Rosé but I guess I judged her too quickly because she was standing on the stage with a devilish grin tugging her lips. Her eyes were incredibly mesmerizing as I found myself unable to look away from her.

I waited for her introduction but she didn't have one. She began to sing and I could hear the crowd become infatuated with her soothing voice that had a hint of sultry. It was quite a deep tone for someone who looked like she would sing nursery rhymes to kids at her church.

"Hyung, look at this girl. She's pretty sexy, no? Do you think I'd have a chance?"

"She's looks easy enough, but you won't succeed."

"Ha, wanna make it a bet? I'll have her begging for more by tonight."

I looked through the corner of my eye at the conversation two men were having at the bar beside me. They looked young, maybe around 22. I scoffed as a rolled my eyes, subtly shaking my head. Did these kids really think they'll find an easy target by choosing one who had the audacity to perform at a nightclub on the busiest day of the week?

"Like she'd even notice you prepubescent kids," I mumbled and they turned their heads.

"Yah! What did you say?"

Ah, so he had quite the audacity as well.

"Yah! I'm talking to you, old man! Mind your own business!"

Ouch. 'Old man.' Do I really look that old when I'm tired after a day of work? I shrugged the comments of the kid away and continued to enjoy my drink. I really didn't see a point in getting worked up over these two if I could get thrown out for breaking their femurs.

The kid with the audacity snatched the beer bottle out of my hand and dropped it on the floor between us, shattering it with a loud crash that caught the attention of the people surrounding us.

"You'll have to pay for that, you know?" I said and gave the broken glass a pitiful look.

I got out of my seat to move closer to the stage but the kid grabbed me by the jacket. I was easily towering over him but he kept a straight face. Smart. But also stupid because I could see him contemplating if he should hit me or not. If he hit me, it would be his fault, so I made the decision for him and brushed his hand away.

I turned away and walked into the crowd. There were hundreds of people here tonight, all of which wouldn't stand a chance in getting the number of Rosé's friend, but I'm sure some would try and that's why I want to get closer. Not just because I wanted her number too, but I wanted to get to know her. To study her.

There was an emptier spot the stage and I stood amongst people who took pictures and videos of her. People as in actual 'old men' in their late 30s at least.

There I was, staring up at yet another intriguing girl who happened to be the friend of the first intriguing girl, the reason I come to The BLINKER. I watched as the spotlight highlighted her entirety, and the outfit she wore seriously did her justice-maybe not the choice of top though. She was wearing a Chanel scarf as a top, which matched her Chanel earrings, a red overcoat and a pair of black pants.

I would say it was too much skin for the first performance because if she was well received tonight, people will want more of her. Vocally, visually, and everyone's favourite, physically.

She finished her set and the crowd erupted in applause, I clapped along. For the performance, not her body, even though I found myself skimming her figure every now and then. Don't get me wrong, she was incredibly alluring but the reason I always watched Rosé's performances wasn't because I was looking for sex and it definitely isn't the reason I went to the club. People here are expecting sex, and where's the fun when the moment's expected?

•••