Part 1: Chapter 8

JAEHEE POV

"I heard about your family signing a million-dollar deal. Congratulations."

Jihyo smiled again, "a million dollars at the expense of another business... that's what they get for taking advantage of my parents," she shrugged.

"That doesn't sound too nice. Who's getting screwed?"

"I don't know. Some business that owns farmland around this area. I didn't look into it much but I'm sure I'll be enlightened soon. I'll be at a meeting later today."

"We should go for a celebratory drink then," I said with a smile and she laughed.

"At that nightclub you visit every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday so I could watch you daydream about the 'beautiful Rosé'? I'll have to pass for pizza at the diner down the street instead."

"I go for the music only, not so much the visual, but I call it a perk. Besides, you've already claimed the spot as my first love so Rosé's got nothing on you."

I knew I made her blush by those words as she smiled at the ground. It's not that I forgot about Jennie but when I'm around Jihyo, it's just fun to make her blush because her shyness was refreshing. She was still my first love after all. We just didn't work out.

"Who's that?" Jihyo asked after turning around to see what I began to stare at.

Another car pulled on my driveway. It was the lovely 2018 Audi A3.

"A girl I met in Seoul," I replied slowly and excused myself from the conversation. I found it funny how, now, everyone but my mother has seen Jennie. I'm also surprised my mother hasn't mentioned anything about her yet—I even disabled the cameras that recorded the activity on my driveway or anywhere I would put my hands on Jennie, but my must've gotten a notification at least. I guess Jisoo might have made up a lie for me.

I headed to Jennie's car and opened her door for her.

"Hey, baby," she said and kissed me urgently. Was Jihyo making her jealous? To be fair, I'd react the same way if I saw her talking alone with another guy. I'd want it to be crystal clear what's off limits. "Did you miss me?"

"Always," I told her because it's what she wanted to hear. Of course I missed her but not as desperately as I pretended to be.

"I think I'll head over to my meeting now. I just dropped by to see how you were doing," Jihyo spoke up and I let go of Jennie's waist to get an air-freshener for Jihyo.

I handed it to her and she pulled me in for a hug. It was an oddly pleasant surprise, one that I knew Jihyo did out of spite because Jennie was watching. Again, there was no bad-blood in our friendship but Jihyo sure loves to tease when it comes to me and another girl. I won't blame her for having a little fun of her own, even if I was in the middle of it.

"I'll hold you to that drink," Jihyo said with a wink as she got into her car.

I smirked as she drove off the driveway and stopped at the road. Jennie walked over and grabbed my attention with a tender kiss on the neck, probably out of spite for Jihyo too.

"I'll see you two around," Jihyo said then drove away.

"You're lucky someone else pissed me off first. I don't think you'll like it when I'm mad at you," Jennie said quietly in my ear.

"Actually, I think I'll love it even more if you're mad at me," I replied and wrapped her legs around my waist as I lifted her off the ground. The laugh she let out was pleasing and she hugged me tightly as I ran towards the house. She let out another laugh when I fell back onto my bed with her straddling me. "Is this funny to you?"

Jennie nodded and tan her hands along the front of my body. "You're so in love with me that it's hilarious."

I leaned up on one elbow and pinched her cheek with my other hand. I've never told her that I loved her before, and neither has she said it to me. I wasn't sure if I loved her, but if that's where this relationship was heading, I should take our situation more seriously. The past few weeks with Jennie have been beyond belief and I've been loving every visit she made. Life was brightening but that was because there was no label of what we were.

We've been on a few "dates" but what would it be like if we actually "dated"? Would it still be fun? That was the only thing I could never predict, and it clearly didn't turn out that well with Jihyo.

I decided to ease the feeling of a relationship into whatever I had with Jennie. In that moment, I looked at the Chanel logo on the centre of her crop top—Firstly, she must really love Chanel, and secondly, Chanel was founded in Paris, right? And that's when it came to me.

"Will you go to Paris with me?" I asked and her ears perked for a second. If we could tolerate each other on a trip, it'll let me know where we're at in terms of our actual relationship dynamic.

"Paris? What are you talking about?"

I sat up and intertwined my fingers behind her back, enveloping her in my arms.

"Let's go to Paris for a week. I'll take some time off of work and your equestrian competition doesn't start until next month so it shouldn't be a problem. How about it?"

I knew this would be a big commitment for her. I was technically still a stranger she just preferred to visit instead of someone else. I wouldn't be offended if she said no because I could always find something else to show her that I could be serious about our relationship.

I could see her contemplating as if this was the toughest choice she'd ever have to make. She played with the hem of my shirt at the back of my head and I leaned closer to give her a reassuring kiss. Slow and easy.

"It's okay if you want to say no, baby." I kissed her again then hugged her this time. I didn't want to scare her with this. I didn't expect it to scare someone as daring at her.

"I didn't say no," she said and I let go of the hug to look at her with surprise. "You're paying, right?"

I laughed at the seriousness of her voice when she asked me that.

"And why are you laughing now?" she said and tried to stop herself from grinning too wide.

"You're adorable," I answered and she kissed me as we smiled onto each other's lips.

•••