"Take a Break"

TW - YELLING, STRESS, CURSING

Summary - The others discover something new about a stressed Fundy

Fundy wasn't having the best day.

You see, the stress of being the president's son was catching up with him.

He constantly had to go to meetings, keep everything in order and follow Wilbur around almost everywhere.

It was so stressful.

Currently, all of the residents of L'manburg were sitting in a meeting with the Dream Team. Eret would be there but they weren't ready to see him yet.

After the war, Dream and Wilbur had a disagreement about whether or not that they could come to his land, which was anywhere but L'manburg.

This was obviously unreasonable, as they wouldn't be able to get any supplies and not everybody lived inside of L'manburg's walls.

The meeting had turned into an argument and it was getting pretty heated.

"So you won't let us into L'manburg but you can come into our land?!"

Dream slammed his hands on the table, face red in anger.

"We need food, do you expect us to starve?!"

Wilbur copied his action, almost elbowing Fundy in the face. Slightly flinching backwards, the fox knew that if he didn't insert himself into the conversation soon, it would go haywire.

And that's exactly what happened.

Everyone was standing up and yelling. There would be another war at this rate.

The fox decided enough was enough when swords were drawn.

"ENOUGH!"

Fundy's voice bounced off the walls of the room, causing everyone to stop their yelling and turn to the furry. Taking a couple of deep breathes, Fundy tried to reason.

"Dream, George, Sapnap. I understand your concerns. However, without L'manburg helping keep together your SMP, your economy would go to hell. I'm sure you wouldn't want that and neither would we,"

The green man made eye contact with his friends, having a silent conversation of some sorts.

Eventually, they seemed to come to an agreement.

"As long as you guys don't fight other players within our land, then we would be willing to allow you guys access to our land,"

One by one, everyone sat down, Dream taking out a book and quill to start writing their contract.

"Good job, Fundy,"

Wilbur rustled Fundy's hair in between his ears but in the fox's mind, it registered as a pet.

A soft clicking sound started emitting itself from the back of Fundy's throat as he leaned into the touch.

The touching stopped and he quickly snapped out of his dream-like state. Sitting up, he glanced at the faces around him.

Some were filled with shock, while others just plain amusement.

"W-what the fuck was that?"

Tommy looked like he was about to burst into laughter but a glare from Wilbur stopped him at Fundy's expense.

Red from embarrassment, Fundy had to resist the urge to bury his face in his hands.

Noticing his son's discomfort, Wilbur decided to speak up.

"George, are you done with the contract?"

Whilst Dream had been beyond shocked with Fundy, George had taken over writing the contract, even though he was still shocked himself.

"Uh, yeah,"

Quickly, Wilbur signed the contract and sent the Dream Team on their way. Their snickers could be heard as soon as the door shut.

Immediately, Tommy burst into laughter, followed by a certain Jack Manifold.

"You are all dismissed. Fundy, stay behind please,"

All of them left the room, the two still laughing.

"Fundy.. what was that?"

Hiding his face in his hands, Fundy told him what he knew.

"Foxes make a clicking sound when they're really excited or happy or something. I don't know, it's stupid..."

The fox trailed off as his dad started petting his head.

Closing his eyes, Fundy leaned into the touch, the clicking sound coming from the back of his throat returning.

"You've been working hard lately, you work harder than any of us here, you know that?"

All Fundy could do was hum in response as Wilbur guided his head into his lap.

"Take a break, just for a little bit. I'll be here the whole time,"

And for once, Fundy could relax as he fell into a dreamless sleep, his father staying with him for every minute.