"Are you a traitor?"

TW - CURSING, BETRAYAL

Summary - Ten year old Fundy goes to L'manburg for the first time and has his suspicions about Eret.

Wilbur firmly held his son's hand, making sure he didn't run off. However, Fundy didn't mind. He was too nervous to care.

The ten year old had never been to where his father lived, never mind meeting the people
who lived there.

What if they were mean or didn't like him?

No, his father said they were nice people and he should know, he was the president after all. Fundy always thought that was so cool.

The fox knew everyone there, since his father talked about them a lot. He mostly talked about Tommy and Niki, and they were who he was meeting today... And a person called Eret.

The boy didn't trust Eret, not in the slightest, his father talked about him with respect but to Fundy, she seemed too perfect, too loyal.

Lost in his thoughts, Fundy hadn't even realised that they had made it to L'manburg.

"Come on, Fundy, you'll be alright. You're gonna have to deal with this when you live here,"

That was right. His mother couldn't look after him anymore so he had to go and live with his father. He didn't mind too much but he was sad to leave his mother behind.

As they made their way past the towering walls, the fox wondered why they were there in the first place. They went in Dream's land, why couldn't he go into his fathers?

Eventually, the father and son approached the three, who were waiting outside a van of some sorts.

They all stared at Fundy as he hid behind his father's leg.

"Everyone, this is Fundy. Fundy, that's Niki, Tommy and Eret,"

Fundy's gaze lingered on Eret longer than the other two. There was something very wrong with them, even the ten year old could see that. So why was everybody so brainwashed by her?

"Wilbur.. Why the fuck is your child a furry?"

"Tommy, watch your language around him! And that's none of your business,"

The fox decided he didn't like Tommy either. He was too loud and asked too many questions.

Grumbling to himself, Tommy glanced at the boy one more time before making an excuse about something to do with discs and left.

Niki crouched down in front of Fundy, the fox still hidden behind his father's leg. She held her hand out as she spoke.

"Hiya, Fundy. I'm Niki, it's nice to meet you!"

There was something slightly patronising about how she spoke to him but he could tell she was trying to be nice. Instead of shaking her hand, he gave her a slight wave.

Giving up, she stood back up and walked back next to Eret.

Eret made his way forward but quickly stopped as Fundy shuffled away in fear.

"Fundy, what's wrong?"

Shaking his head, the fox eyed Eret.

The adult was a bit intimidated by the ten year old. Did he.. Know? No, he couldn't. They did so well at hiding it.

"Well, uh, Wil, I should get going. And remember about the thing I've got to show you tomorrow,"

"What thing?"

The three adults were surprised by Fundy's forwardness but were happy he was speaking so Eret decided to amuse him.

"Well, it's a surprise,"

"If you're bringing all members of L'manburg there, then it must be important and if it's important, you have to run it by father first. Meaning, you have to tell him where you guys are going. And you'd be fine with that because you've got nothing to hide, right?"

A ten year old had just said the smartest thing the three had ever heard. Even Wilbur was impressed and he had raised the boy.

"W-well, um, I-"

Eret's face turned pale as he tried to stutter out a defence.

"Or are you a traitor? Are you working with the Dream Team? Gathering all of the members in one place so you guys can all ambush them? Because, that'd be pretty smart,"

Eret's panicked expression was gone. Instead, it was replaced by a smirk that suited his features.

"Spot on, little fox. I'm surprised you got all of that so quick,"

"W-what?!"

Niki immediately ran to Wilbur, the three now standing opposite Eret.

"You're a traitor.."

As Wilbur grabbed his sword, Niki grabbed Fundy's hand and started to lead him away from the two, tears welling up in the woman's eyes.

All they could hear as they walked away were the distant chuckles from Eret and the angry cries from his father.