"I'm here, son"

TW - PANIC ATTACKS (sort of), THUNDER, SHAKING, CRYING

Summary - Fundy wasn't a fan of thunder and seeks comfort.

Thank you @KatAmphiriteKitten for the request!

Thunder crashed outside.

Fundy whimpered and pressed his hands against his ears, tears dripping down his cheeks.

The fox hated thunder. It reminded him of the war, the gunshots, the explosions..

Another bang outside caused him to jump out of his skin. It took all of his energy not to let out a scream.

If he could go to sleep, just for a little bit, the loud noises would be over.

That sounded nice. As he shakily stood up and made his way to his bed, another crash, another bang, another, and another, and another-

He was back on the battlefield again, arrows were flying everywhere. TNT could be heard from the distance but he only had one thing on his mind.

Where was his father?

Snapping out of his thoughts, the fox needed to find his father. He needed to know he was alright.

Shakily, he took out his com and looked at the time. It was four AM, he wouldn't be awake.

Another crash.

He needed to make sure he wasn't bleeding out because Dream had shot him again. He needed to make sure he wouldn't almost die in his arms because he didn't have any healing potions left.

Legs trembling, the fox opened his freaking door and ventured into the corridors.

His hand covered his mouth out of fear that somebody would hear him yelp. They didn't need to know how much of a wimp he was.

After what seemed like hours, Fundy made it to his father's room.

Surprisingly, his light was on, meaning that he stayed up late to do some of his presidential work again.

Hesitating slightly, the fox softly knocked on the door.

"Who is it?"

"F-Fundy.."

"Come in,"

As Fundy opened the door, Wilbur immediately leaped off of his chair and wrapped his son in a hug.

The fox sobbed into his father's shoulder, holding onto him for dear life.

"Shh, it's okay, you're okay. I'm here, son,"

Guiding Fundy to his bed, he wrapped his son in one of his many blankets.

He lay them both down and put his son's head on his chest.

All the president could do was hug and mutter soft reassurances to the crying fox as he slowly fell asleep.

Wilbur slightly chuckled at the sleeping fox on top of him. He was wrapped so tightly in a blanket that he looked tiny.

Running his fingers through his son's hair, the father fell asleep, content with his son.

----------------------------------

"WILBUR! Jack's not-"

Tommy cut himself off, staring at the sight before him.

Fundy and Wilbur were rubbing their eyes, having being woken up by the loud child.

The fox realised the position he was in. He was snuggling into his father's side while wrapped in a blanket burrito.

The blonde burst into laughter as Fundy went red in the face.

"Tommy, get out,"

He happily obliged as he continued to laugh obnoxiously at the fox.

Still red from embarrassment, Fundy got off of his father and made his way to his room, keeping the blanket that was wrapped around him.

Rolling his eyes with a fond smirk, Wilbur decided it was time to start the day.