'The Barrel'

TW - LOST, TRAPPED, MENTIONS OF KIDNAPPING, MENTIONS OF MURDER, CURSING, VIOLENCE (lowkey though)

Summary - SBI can't find a five-year-old Fundy and panic.

Thank you @DestinysCheese-kun for the request!

Fundy stood infront of a barrel, his little hands clutching his beloved blanket which had a fox sewn into the corner.

The five year old looked around the market, wondering where his father had went.

He had stopped to look at the potato stall, staring at the different types. Techno was very fond of them and he was fascinated.

His uncle often talked about how he and a person named Squid farmed potatoes in a war-like manner and it intrigued the young one.

However, nobody noticed the little fox lagging behind to stare at the food. Not even his father, who was too busy teasing Tommy to notice that his son had let go of his hand.

As a gust of wind ran through the air, Fundy shivered, wrapping his blanket around himself.

The barrel seemed warm, welcoming.

His primal instincts took over as he struggled to climb on top of the barrel, loosing his footing occasionally.

Once he had navigated his way into the barrel, he didn't realise how big it actually was.

The fox was small for his age, making him unable to reach the top of it.

He was trapped.

"Help!"

However, the child's weak voice was no match for the harsh winds that seemed to scream into Fundy's sensitive ears.

Slumping to the ground in defeat, Fundy snuggled into his blanket, eyes getting heavy.

He held onto the hope that his dad would find him soon as he drifted to unconsciousness.

-------------------------

"Hey, Wil, where's Fundy?"

Phil's voice interrupted Wilbur's constant teasing of his younger brother.

Confused, Wilbur looked around, his puzzled expression becoming panicked.

"Fundy?! Where are you, son?!"

Muttering a string of curses to himself, Wilbur tried not to think about how Fundy could be all alone, scared, helpless. Fuck! The Dream Team was constantly threatening his boy. He could e been kidnapped or killed or-

"Wilbur!"

Techno's voice snapped him out of his thoughts, the piglin placing a hand on his brother's shoulder.

"What if the Dream Team got him.."

Everyone went unnaturally silent at the mention of them, Wilbur's worried thoughts transferring from him to them.

Phil cleared his throat, getting everyone's attention.

"Techno and I can go and meet with the Dream Team and see if they took him. You and Tommy will go and search for Fundy. We will meet back here in an hour, alright?"

Slowly, they all nodded their heads, already looking for a direction to head in.

"Be careful, you two,"

Tommy was unnaturally serious, but the others were glad he wasn't cracking jokes considering the situation they were in.

They all parted ways, setting a mental timer of an hour.

--------------------------

Phil and Techno finally made their way to the Dream Team's house.

Despite Techno's protests, Phil knocked on the door instead of burning their house down as the piglin suggested.

The door opened to reveal a tired-looking Dream. No armour, no sword, no mask. Only his matted, blonde hair and the designer bags under his eyes.

His eyes slightly widened as he saw the two who were at his door.

".... What are you guys doing here?"

Techno wasted no time cutting to chase, pinning Dream against the wall and holding his netherite axe to the man's neck.

"Hey, w-woah! Calm down, I only just got the boys to sleep,"

Phil rolled his eyes. The three did have a weird, family dynamic where Dream was the dad. It wouldn't be that strange but considering the fact that they were around the same age, it was.

"Cut the bullshit. Did you take him or not?"

"Take who?!"

"Techno, he obviously didn't take him. Put the axe down,"

Sighing, Techno pulled his axe away from the man's throat, placing it back in the holster on his back.

Without saying a word, Technoblade started to make his way back towards the market.

"Sorry, mate,"

Phil ran to catch up with his son as he heard Sapnap yell for Dream to read him and George a bedtime story.

At least they knew Fundy wasn't with those three.

----------------------

Tommy and Wilbur had searched all over the market, stopping once they had ran into each other again, having searched half the market place each.

Head in hands, Wilbur leaned against a wall and slid to the ground, ignoring the looks he got from people around him.

Tommy sighed, joining him on the floor.

He wanted to say that everything would be alright, that they would find him, but he didn't even know himself.

After a minute or so of them wallowing in defeat, Tommy heard slight snoring coming from a barrel that he was sitting next to.

"Wil, did you hear that?"

Wilbur's head immediately perked up, trying to focus on the noise Tommy was talking about.

The older man's face immediately lit up.

They both had spent many nights with Fundy to know exactly what his snoring was like.

Quickly, Wilbur, opened up the barrel and spotted his son, curled up at the bottom of it with his blanket draped over him.

Immediately, he scooped him up into his arms, clutching the fox to his chest. A few tears slipped from the father's eyes as he tried not to wake the sleeping furry.

Tommy lightly grabbed Wilbur's arm, guiding him to the place where Techno and Phil were anxiously waiting.

Let's just say a few more tears were shed that day.