'How could he be the president's son?'

TW - CURSING, MENTIONS OF DEATH, ATTEMPTED KIDNAPPING, CRYING, PANIC ATTACK (sorta), SHAKING

Summary -Fundy's been doubting his performance as the president's son but what happens when Tommy notices?

Credit to @StupidBxbyy for the request!

Being the president's son was shit.

He constantly had to go to meetings, do paperwork, check on everyone in L'manburg and it was so much work.

Outside of L'manburg's walls, people often used him to get to Wilbur. This meant he was constantly attacked, either to kidnap him or to kill him.

And the fox was sick of it.

It wasn't any better at L'manburg. He was constantly belittled and thrown about like a ragdoll.

Normally, he wouldn't care. This was everyday of his life, he was used to it. However, today, he was feeling awful.

He was abruptly woken up by Dream and Sapnap trying to kidnap him. The fox had to grab his sword from under his pillow and battle the two of them until they gave up and ran out of his window.

Then, Wilbur yelled at him for waking up late and unpresentable, he obviously didn't hear the commotion.

To top it all off, Tommy was more loud than usually and the insults didn't seem as affectionate as they usually did.

It was too much.

God, if Fundy couldn't even handle a few insults, how could he be the president's son? He could hardly even fight!

He didn't deserve to be Wilbur's son, he ended up disappointing him all the time and there was nothing he could do about it.

--------------------

"Furry! Wilbur said you could help me build my base, I need an iron door and I'm not sure how to- Hey, you alright, man?"

Tommy then noticed how his friend was sitting with his head buried in his arms, his body shaking with sobs.

Fuck, how the hell was he supposed to handle this?

It seemed like the furry hadn't noticed he had barged into his room so the child slowly backed out of it, with one thing in mind.

He's got to get the others.

----------------------

The furry was unaware or how long it had been. Maybe ten minutes, maybe over an hour, it didn't matter anymore.

All Fundy was aware of was how he was struggling to breathe. He tried to focus on the breathing exercises Eret had taught him before he, well..

But that wouldn't work, nothing would.

Suddenly, the fox jumped as he felt a hand on his shoulder, but he didn't look up. He was sure he heard voices and he tried to concentrate on it.

"...t's Niki...ook at us?"

Us? Fundy couldn't will himself to look at them as he shook his head. Straining his ears, he was able to focus on the words that were so unintelligible before.

"That's alright, son. Do you think Tommy could pick you up? You don't need to look at us, we just need to move you, okay?"

That would be embarrassing to have a teenager pick him up but at this point, but he didn't care.

After he slightly nodded his head, he felt a familiar pair of arms wrap around him and pick him up in a bridal position.

Not wanting to look at the eyes he knew were looking at him, he buried his head in the teenager's chest.

"I'm gonna place you down in Wilbur's lap, okay, big man?"

He felt himself being lowered into his father's lap, hearing Jack say something from somewhere in the room.

Fundy's arms were guided around Wilbur's neck, the fox's face in the crook of his father's neck.

"Here, Fundy,"

As Jack spoke, he felt a blanket draped over the top of him, the fluffy texture making him relax his body.

After a few moments, he gad got his breathing mildly under control and was able to say partly coherent sentences.

"M sorry.."

Fundy felt a hand coming from beside his father, petting his hair.

He softly hummed in response, relishing in the touch.

"You've got nothing to be sorry for, Fundy,"

Niki's soothing voice almost caused him to smile in content as he felt his consciousness slip away.

"Go to sleep, Fundy,"

And surrounded by four of his most beloved people, he did just that.