Brother Dearest

-12 years old-
'Okay, okay, I can do this.' Earlier today,Charlie took North to the families new apartment, telling North that he's absolutely free and expected to stay with them for the night, and in the morning they will all travel to the Taylor's home to meet North's older half brother, Lucianian. After everyone fell alsleep, though, North took a piece of scrap paper with the address scribbled on, and started walking. Now, at the doorstep, he regretted not waiting, what if his brother hated him, what if his uncle didn't want him, even though he agreed? What if they sent him to customs to be sent back to Greece or even Germany? Before North could even knock on the door, it swung open to reveal a man he had only seen in pictures, his uncle. "North? Come in, we don't want you to catch a cold.". They had a nice living room, better than anything North had ever been in, a  kitchen with a pantry bigger than any room he lived in. "We don't have a room set up for you, I thought you would be here tomorrow, but I'll make up the couch." "Uncle?" A sleepy voice called. A blond boy, shorter than North, appeared at the top of the stairs. "Who's this?" "Luke, this is your little half brother, North." Luke stared at North, wide eyed. "I didn't know I had a brother. Wow. Wow!" Luke ran down the stairs, two at a time, until he came face to face with his own baby brother. "Hi, I'm Luke, your older brother, you already know that, you're not stupid, not that I think you're stupid, you're not, well I don't know that, wait..." North was taken aback by Luke's rambling. When he didn't reply, Luke tried again, "Hi, I'm Luke. It's so good to meet you!" When he still didn't reply, Luke turned to his  uncle. "It's been a long day for North, let's just go to bed. We can get to know each other tomorrow. Goodnight Luke." "Goodnight Uncle, goodnight North!" Silence. Luke cleared his throat and ran back to his room. " Goodnight North." He just stared back at Uncle, emotionless. "Alright, if you need me..." Silence. 'Yeesh, tough crowd.' Uncle though as he awkwardly made his way to his room. North made up the couch, thinking about heading back to Silas. 'No, I already overstayed my welcome. Plus, I'm already here.' Turning off the lights, North wondered how long he'd stay in Charleston, South Carolina. Hopefully not too long, he hated country music, and southern dialog, and cowboy boots, and excessive heat, and.... North continued his list of things he hated about the South until he fell asleep.