Chapter 2

Ruby sat at her desk writing a report for her combat class. Ruby was bored and sore. Mortimer was sitting next to her sleeping his soft coos and the sound of a pencil writing on paper was the only sound in the room. Ruby glanced at the clock it was almost midnight. She leaned back in her chair shutting her eyes for a moments. Ruby got up waking Mortimer who cooed in confusion. She looked at him picking him up "sorry buddy didn't mean to wake you..." Ruby apologized putting the sleepy bird in his cage.
Ruby climbed out her window to the roof. She sat on the roof looking at the moon and the stars. It was the only thing heaven and hell shared.
She looked onto the horizon looking over the city of hell. Dark smoke polluted the air of hell but she was used to it. Ruby remember the way heavens air was much cleaner. But since the palace she lived in was higher up the air was cleaner then down in the city. Wind blew through Ruby's hair causing her to shiver. Her tail swished back in forth as she looked onto the horizon.
"Enjoying the view?" A sudden voice caught Ruby off guard. Her sister came out of the window "hey sis what are you doing out here?" Yang asked sitting beside her younger sister.
Ruby sighed "just watching the stars...it relaxes me sometimes," Ruby answered leaning back on the wall which was next to her window.
"Are you ok? Is something bothering you?" Yang asked worriedly. Ruby chuckled waving her hands "no, I'm fine just tired," Ruby said yawning. Yang nodded "well I'm off to bed goodnight sis sleep well," yang said climbing back inside.
Ruby sighed climbing in herself to go to sleep.
The next morning Ruby awoke rubbing her eyes as she rolled out of bed. She stumbled into the bathroom brushing her teeth. Mortimer chirped from the other room signaling he was hungry. Ruby fed him walking down the large stairs to her father's office.
She knocked hearing him yell come in. Ruby walked in "morning dad any news?" Ruby asked with a small smile. "I have another meeting with Mr. Schnee...would you like to come along?" Tai asked straightening out his desk. Ruby felt her heart jump and her tail wagging the same pace as her heart. Tai noticed her excitement and was confused. Ruby coughed into her hand regaining her composure. "Um...I mean I would love to accompany you dad..." Ruby said awkwardly. Tai chuckled standing from his chair. "The maid will get you when it's time to leave...um cna you wear a skirt...? I know you don't like them but it's only once," Tai asked straightening his tie. Ruby sighed "fine...but you owe me," Ruby joked exiting the room. Ruby sighed putting on a skirt which she hated but it was her only one.

 Ruby sighed putting on a skirt which she hated but it was her only one

Ruby looked in the mirror deciding to put her hair up.