Chapter 3

Weiss stood in shock as she was processing what Ruby had said. Ruby didn't look up her gaze was glued to the floor. Weiss frowned closing the window to block out the screams of agony from outside. She sat beside Ruby thinking of how to comfort her. Weiss didn't have the words so without thinking she pulled Ruby into her embrace. Ruby was surprised at the sudden contact but soon melted into the hug. Ruby felt warm tears escape her eyes as they rolled down her cheeks. After a few moments they both pulled away. Ruby blushed as she wiped her tears away. "Thank you Weiss..." Ruby whispered shooting Weiss a small smile. Weiss felt her heart beat quicken as she looked away. Weiss smiled "well the gates are closed so I guess you have to stay tonight," Ruby said giving Mortimer a cracker. Ruby went through her drawer giving Weiss some fresh cloths. "Here, this should fit I'll let you get changed," Ruby said leaving the room. Ruby waited outside the door humming a small tune.
Weiss opened the door walking out with a flustered expression.

"Awww my clothes are so big on you! You're so cute!" Ruby blurted

"Awww my clothes are so big on you! You're so cute!" Ruby blurted. Ruby realized what she said immediately turning red. Ruby and Weiss starred at each other in awkward silence. "So um...wanna go see what's in the kitchen? I think the baker left out some cakes for tomorrow," Ruby said mischievously trying to change the subject. Weiss nodded following behind Ruby still thinking about what Ruby said. Weiss shook it off "it wasn't a romantic compliment...she just complimented me it didn't mean anything...right?" Weiss wondered as Ruby lead her to the kitchen.
Ruby peeked into the kitchen "the coast is clear..." Ruby said with a smirk. Ruby and Weiss walked in finding the cakes left out. Ruby's mouth drooled as she approached the delicious pastries.
She grabbed as many as she could carry even carrying one with her tail. Weiss grabbed some as Ruby lead her to the roof. Ruby climbed up to the roof. When she got up there she panted she noticed Weiss was already there. She had a smirk on her face as she tucked her wings.
"What took you so long?" Weiss asked with a smug smile. Ruby frowned furrowing her eyebrows. "Shut up chicken wings," Ruby said sitting next to her friend.
Ruby began to eat her cupcakes and talk to Weiss. Weiss noticed Ruby's tail wagging "cute..." Weiss thought as a dazed smile grew on her lips.

Weiss felt her heart flutter as she watched Ruby eat her cupcake happily

Weiss felt her heart flutter as she watched Ruby eat her cupcake happily. Weiss realized what she was feeling. "No Weiss! You can't feel this...it's wrong you can't love a girl...especially a...demon...father will kill her..." Weiss thought as she looked down with a sad expression. Ruby noticed her sad expression "Weiss are you ok?" Ruby asked scooting closer. Weiss blushed at how close she was "I'm f...fine...! Haha why wouldn't I be!" Weiss asked with a flustered smile. Ruby noticed some frosting on Weiss's cheek. Without saying anything she wiped the frosting from Weiss's cheek. Weiss's cheeks went bright red as she froze. Ruby grinned "you had some frosting I got it for ya," Ruby explained with a smile.
Weiss was silent for a moment processing what had happened. "T...thank y...you ru...Ruby..." Weiss stuttered quickly hiding her red cheeks. Weiss glanced at Ruby who was still grinning at her.
"I wanna kiss her..." Weiss thought gripping her jeans. She sighed restraining herself "this is wrong...you can't feel this way..." Weiss told herself as she starred at the sky.
Ruby didn't notice she was also starring at the stars. "The stars are the only beautiful thing in hell...I like to watch them when I'm...sad," Ruby said laying back on the roof. Weiss lied down next to her starring at the sky. A shooting star passed by "woah Weiss look a shooting star! Heh heh make a wish!" Ruby joked with a grin. Weiss was silent "I wish these feelings would stop..."

After a few hours they both climbed back into the palace.
Ruby showed Weiss the guest room where she could stay.
"See you tomorrow Weiss..." Ruby said with a smile. Weiss smiled "goodnight Ruby," Weiss said grinning.
Ruby turned to leave but before she did she turned once more. "Goodnight princess," Ruby smiled leaving the room. Weiss blushed as she fell back on the bed. She groaned covering her face with her hands "...I've got it bad don't I..." Weiss muttered as she blushed harder. "Stupid confusing gay feelings..." She groaned closing her eyes.

The next morning

Weiss slowly opened her eyes rubbing her eyes. She forgot for a moment where she was. "Where am I- oh right" she remembered where she was. She slowly made her way out of bed.
She slowly walked to the door only for a knock to come from the other side. She opened the door to be greeted by a maid. "Y...yes?" Weiss asked the maid. The maid bowed "miss schnee breakfast is ready miss rose will be waiting at the end of the hall," the maid said smiling.
Weiss nodded closing the door as the maid walked away. Weiss got dressed in the extra cloths Ruby gave her.
"Does this girl wear anything besides red and black?" Weiss wondered as she let out a amused sigh.
Weiss walked to the end of the hall seeing Ruby looking at a large picture on the wall. Weiss walked up to her getting a good look at the portrait.
It was of a woman she had long black hair with red tips but she only saw a little of her hair. The portraits top and right and a little of the left side were burned. "Ruby...?" Weiss called catching the young demon to jump. She turned to the angel "oh, good morning Weiss how'd you sleep?" Ruby asked sweetly. Weiss fought back a blush "I slept fine," Weiss replied looking back to the burned portrait. "Who is that?" Weiss asked looking up at the portrait. Ruby didn't say anything for a moment. "...that's my mother..." Ruby said quietly.
Weiss looked at the burns on the picture. "I...I don't really even remember what she looked like...my dad won't show me any other photos...this is the only one I can see...I can't even see her face...but...I was told that I...look a lot like her..." Ruby muttered looking down. Weiss placed her hand on Ruby's shoulder giving Ruby a small comforting smile.
Ruby's frown turned into a small smile. "C'mon breakfast is ready we should hurry before yang eats it," Ruby joked. "Who's yang?" Weiss asked curiously. "She's my sister," Ruby simply answered.

The two sat down and began eating breakfast. "So miss schnee I already sent a letter to your father he is sending a carriage to pick you up soon," Tai explained. "Thank you sir, I appreciate it," Weiss said continuing to eat. After breakfast the carriage for Weiss arrived. Ruby stood as Weiss grabbed some of the things she brought. "Well I hope I see you again soon Ruby," Weiss said twiddling her fingers behind her back. Weiss blushed slightly, Ruby smiled "yeah definitely I can send Mortimer to give you a letter and I can sneak you out and we can hang out," Ruby suggested enthusiastically. Weiss smiled "sound like a good idea," Weiss said turning to the carriage "bye," Weiss said smiling. Ruby waved as Weiss rode off  to heaven.

Weiss returned home she was bandaging her cheek from her father. She fell back onto her bed covering her face. Her thoughts turned to Ruby

"I've got it bad don't I...?"