Eccedentesiast

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Eccedentesiast
(n.) someone who fakes smile, when all they wanna do is cry.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

"Thomas..." I breathe as Ben seemed to get angrier by the moment, "Run." I say while stepping backwards, however as I do, Ben jumped forward and pushed me to the ground. A sharp pain pulsated throughout my back, and a loud groan escaped my lips.

Please tell me I didn't do it again.

I began thrashing around as Ben straddled my torso, his hands making their way around my throat, he began to squeeze. Hard.

I choked for air, but his hands seemed to be crushing my windpipe. "I saw you!" Ben yelled. "I saw both of you!"

I managed to find a rock on the ground, and I used all my strength to pull it up and connect it with his head. Once he was knocked off me, Thomas' hands made their way under my arms and he lifted me, more like dragged me to my feet as we began to run. "Come on, Avery." He said while pushing me in front of him.

We didn't make it far before Ben had leaped onto Thomas' legs, pulling him to the ground. A scream escaped his lips and Ben flipped him over onto his back. "Thomas!" My voice rasped and broke, I couldn't seem to speak normally. I was a fare way away from him, but as I got there, I could hear Ben saying something.

"It's your fault. It's all you. You were their favourite, that's why they sent her in first." He mumbled while pinning Thomas on the ground and grabbing at his wrists. "You did this. I saw you!"

As I look for something to distract Ben with, I realise what must have happened, it reminded me of Gally.

He's stung.

Thomas let out a scream as Bens nails dug into his skin, causing me to hurry on my search for something. However, Thomas beat me to it by grabbing a nearby skull and ramming into his head.

Thomas scrambled to his feet and quickly grabbed my wrist, "Go Avery! Run." He yelled while pushing me in front of him. We began running through the forest and back towards the centre of the Glade. "Hey!!!" Thomas screamed.

We kept on running, I knew this forest like the back of my hand, however, I couldn't figure out where we were, I was so disoriented from the lack of oxygen, that I didn't know where we were.

That's why I was so surprised when all three of us tumbled down a hill we didn't know was there. I used all my will power to push myself forward, to my feet, and scream at least one word, "Newt!" I screamed as loudly as I could, and it felt as though the inside of my throat was cut. It hurt terribly. But that one word was all I needed to say, I finally knew where we were, and we were close to the Gardens.

"Help!" Thomas screamed with Ben right in his tail, the word kept repeating from his mouth and when I looked back, I could see Ben wasn't chasing him anymore. He was chasing me.

We finally made it through the tree line as Ben tackled me yet again, and when Thomas went to help me, Ben through his fist up, connecting it with Thomas' head. Knocking him out momentarily.

Ben yet again straddled me and began to squeeze my throat. "I'll kill you!" He screamed as his grip got tighter and tighter, "You both did this to us!"

As I struggled to breathe my vision began to get foggy. I could hear the Gladers coming to our rescue, but I was afraid they'd be too late. "Hey!" I heard a familiar voice say as they got closer. Then I felt Bens hands release from around my neck and a loud noise.