Eleutheromania

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Eleutheromania
(n.) an irresistible yearning for freedom
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

I walk out of the homestead with Newt, his hand in mine; just as we were about to break away from each other, his hand grips mine as he spins me to his chest. He places hand along my jawline, but up higher so he's basically cupping my ears, and playing with my hair with his fingers. He leans down to me as he speaks, "Are we good now?"

"We're great..." I smile, up at him, "Extra, very, good, best friend." I mock him while scrunching my nose.

He mocks the look on my face for a second before, he remembers what he wanted to tell me, "Oh, and please don't tell Gally where the boys went..."

"Where did they go?" I question, "I wasn't listening to the conversation."

"When are you ever listening to boring conversations," He laughs.

"Ha, you know me too well." I say, "Where did they go?"

A look I quite couldn't understand come across his face as I looked up at him, "Uhm... Why don't I tell you later, for now, just stay away from Gally." His hands slowly remove themselves from my cheeks and to his sides.

"Okay." I chirp, "Mission stay away from Gally is a go-"

"Avery." Someone's voice cut in, "Can I speak with you?" I turn around and see that it was Gally that had cut in.

"Mission failed." Newt leant down to my ear and whispered, his breath tickling the back of my neck, sending a shiver down that side of my body.

"Speak of the devil." I grin to Gally from my spot in front of Newt.

"What were you two talking about?" he asks.

"Absolutely nothing." My face changes to a deadpan.

"Okay? Can you come with me, I need to speak to you." Gally says while nodding towards the Council Hall, gesturing for me to follow. I nod softly before falling into step with him; I looked back to see Newt give me a mock salute. I gave him a sarcastic smile before returning my vision to the direction of the Council Hall, Gally and I didn't speak the entire way to the hall; it felt weird. He opened the door for me as I walk in and stand in the centre of the room.

"What is it, Gally?" I say, sounding slightly annoyed, this boy, just mere hours ago had said he basically wanted to put me in the maze and leave me for dead. "Because it better be good or I'm leaving."

He took a deep breath before beginning, almost like he was contemplating speaking, "I - I just wanted to say...I'm-" His voice then turns to a mumble so I couldn't quite hear him.

"What's that?" I ask while stepping towards him, my head tilting to the side.

"I'm Sorry!" His voice raised for a second before softening, "I'm sorry, alright?"

A look of realisation crossed my face before it went back to normal, "Right..." I say while turning and walking over to my seat, "As you should be."

"What?" Gallys voice sounded almost frustrated, "No thank you? Are you serious?"

I gave him an annoyed look as I began to speak, "No, are you serious?" I said clearly annoyed at the boy, "You threatened to kill me, almost straight after somebody nearly. Killed. Me. How dare you?" I said as my voice raised, I stood up from the seat, my eyes began to water from frustration, "How do you think that was in anyway right?"

"I- It..." He struggled to come up with the right words, his hands run over his short hair and down the back of his head where they rested on his neck for a moment before he spoke, "I'll admit. It was wrong."