Chapter 1

"I-it's worse?" Sophie Foster asked, her question barely audible.

"I'm afraid so." Elwin, her doctor told her. She had been battling cancer since she was 12 years old. She knew it was worse but she really didn't want to accept it until today. Tears swiftly streamed down her pale, broken face as she met her adoptive parents' eyes. Her biological mother had died of cancer when she was only three and her dad, well wasn't able to cope with it and committed suicide. The rest of her family never wanted her, who would want the weird, smart girl who knows everything? She would think.

Keefe Sencen

"KEEFE SENCEN WAKE UP" Ro, his annoying older sister screamed at him,

"Jeez Ro, calm down there, please. I plan on using my hearing when I'm 100! Not nowww" She rolled her eyes,

"Just get up before daddio kills you," He nodded in response and headed to his walk-in closet to get dressed. Keefe styled his hair perfectly and that always took him about an hour to do so, but today he was rushed so he had to go as how it was.

"I'm driving!" Keefe yelled at his sister,

"HECK NAH! I don't want to die yet." She screamed,

"Come on, I'm not that bad."

Ro glared at him, "What about when you crashed dad's Lambo?"

"Ok I see your point but that was yesterday. I've gotten much much better."

"You are not driving, sorry."

He sighed and hopped in the car he knew he couldn't possibly win this fight. He looked at his wrist and saw the black ink that said, Foster, he sighed thinking of how he hasn't found her yet. She was out there, hopefully.

"You've had her name on there for what, 4 years? And you have never found her or met her at least once?" Ro asked. Of course, even his annoying sister had found her soulmate before he had. He shook his head and sighed once more.

Sophie Foster

Sophie had been feeling unwell that day but decided to go to school anyway. She had thrown on a pair of black leggings and a soft, warm, ice blue sweater and a pair of black sneakers. She had left her beautiful light blond hair down and brushed her teeth and left for the bus.

"Morning Soph. How did the appointment go?" Her cousin Dex asked her when she sat beside him.

"Yeah, Soph how'd it go?" Marella asked.

She shook her head and gave them a sad look.

"It's worse isn't it?" Linh asked.

"Much, much worse" She replied, unable to keep the sadness out of her voice.

They all gave her a look of sympathy, even Tam, who wasn't really much of a sympathy kind of guy.

Before long they had made it to the school.

Hope you liked the first chapter!!

And to clarify-

Ro is 17

Tam, Linh, Biana, Dex and Sophie are all 15 so Sophomores (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Keefe and Fitz are Juniors so they are 16.

495 words!

-Toomy