Chapter 10

Sophie Foster-

Sophie felt she had been hit with a thousand bricks as she walked over to Sandors car that morning. It was her last day of school before she left for Germany. She was planning to tell her friends but was scared for the pitting look in their eyes. She hopped in the truck and waited for Sandor to come and drive away. After 15 minutes has passed they finally arrived at the school. Sophie saw Keefe waiting for her and she walked over to him.
"How are you feeling?"
"Tired" he pulled his arm around her shoulders and pulled her close, protectively. She leaned into his muscular frame letting his energy restore her.
Snap
Sophie looked to her right and saw Marella, Biana and Linh with their phones out taking pictures of their "moment." She rolled her eyes and waved to them. They sighed and walked over.
"Hey!"
"Morning" Keefe nodded.
"Delete them" Sophie scolded,
"Nuh uh." They all said at the same time.
"Fine but don't show them to anyone"
After a minute the rest of the gang showed up. They began to make small talk and the occasional 'omg they look so cute!' Sentence.
Ringg
"I'll see you guys after class!" She said cheerfully. She had Spanish class next, which she was a natural at, mostly because of her photograph memory.

-After 2 classes-

Sophie felt incredibly dizzy as she made her way to the cafeteria. Her head felt like it had a million needles jabbing into it. She wasn't really hungry but she headed over anyways.
She avoided Stina as best as she could but of course she got caught up in her drama again.
"Hi freak!" She laughed,
Sophie nodded her head, knowing Stina was not worth detention.
"I hear your sick" she said softly,
Sophie jumped back in shock,
"Oh so what Maruca heard in the library is true then?"
"Something about you dying?"
"N-no" she stammered, knowing that Stina would spread the knowledge.
"Maybe I should tell someone"
"Hey Soph" Valin said coming up behind her.
"Doin' ok? You look a little pale" he teased,
"I-I'm f-fine"
"Looks like our lil freak is sick after all" he smirked,
"I-I'm going to go now."
"Fat chance" Stina sneered,
"Please?" She whispered
Valin shook his head, his disgusting drool hanging off of his bottom lip.
"You wouldn't want the whole school finding out would you?" She shook her head and backed away slowly.
"Well then, you don't leave us much of a choice then," she chuckled before taking out her phone. Sophie took this chance and bolted for the Cafeteria.
She took her seat at the table and waited for everyone to show up.
"Hey Foster. How are you?"
"Tired, dizzy, not hungry, you know the usual"
He shook his head "it shouldn't be" he whispered and took her hand.
"Awwwee" Linh squealed, totally ruins the moment.
Once everyone sat down, Sophie decided to break the news.
"Guys. There's something I have to tell you.."
"What is it Soph?" Linh asked,
"Keefe and I are going away to Germany tomorrow for about a month and no it's not because we decided we're getting married."
"Aw." Biana moaned, and Sophie rolled her eyes.
"But what's the actual reason?" Fitz asked, actually committing to a conversation for once.
"I- I have a rare type of cancer that needs to be treated immediately" she whispered with wet eyes. Everyone else looked at her with sympathy.
"It's not that bad the days just get harder." She smiled trying to show she was okay when she really wasn't.
"Oh that reminds me" Sandor spoke suddenly before adding, "Elwin wants you to have at least half a day of rest before the flight tomorrow so you know what that means!"
"No"
"Yes"
"No, not happening"
"Let's go home Soph"
"No" she said crossing her arms.
"Come on Foster. Elwin told you to" Keefe added on.
"You to?" she whined.
"We agree as well Soph. How long is the flight? 7 8 hours? You need your strength Soph"
"Finee" she mumbled before ending the conversation.

—-
Not my favourite but I think it's an okay chapter.