Maybe it's the providence of the universe

I let out a sigh I did not know I was holding in when I reached my destination.

The place I was visiting since I was a kid, where I fell in love with the stars.

I was a lonely kid. And I thought love was a myth. Or an exaggeration. I loved a lot of people. But my heart did not stop when I looked at them. I did not feel like the time had stopped, not did I feel warmness seeping through my entire body.

Well, I was proved wrong. When I was twelve years old, my father brought me to this hill, in the outskirts of the city, for stargazing.

The sky, illuminated by countless stars.

At that moment, I was proved wrong. For the first time.

I knew how true love felt like, for the first time. I couldn't turn away, couldn't close my eyes. Everything felt like a lie. A huge lie.

It was all a lie, except for the stars shining above.

---------------------

After stargazing, I went to my best-friend's house. He had a 'surprise' for me.

What a surprise it was.

It was him. Min Yoongi, with one of the brightest smiles I've seen on his face.

I could feel a smile forming on my face, but my best friend's next words made my smile dissipate.

"We are together now!"

I forced my lips to form a tight lipped smile.

I should be happy for him. I should be happy, damn it!

'C-Congratulations! You make such a cute couple!'

'I know, right?'

It was Yoongi who spoke this time, a saccharine smile on his face.

A smile which is not because of me.

'Yeah, congratulations again. But I got to go. I am really tired.'

Both of them waved me goodbye, and I, walked home. With a lingering sense of despair in my heart.

Is it the stars that write my lonesome story?