Sleepless Nights

WARNING: SHORT CHAPTER!!!

I swiped my metro card letting me go through the turnstile . I waited for Angelina to go through the turnstile she was in but there was a short line of people waiting to a swipe their cards . I looked over at Angelina giving her a small smile as I waited , she smiled back as it was her turn to swipe her card. I started walking to a spot where we could wait for the train to arrive , I heard Angelina's footsteps following behind me. Looking back at her I stood there waiting for her to reach me. Everything happened so slowly, it was boring. I kept thinking how these are the times when I hate life. Angelina's sweet and all, she keeps me company but sometimes her presence doesn't feel enjoyable. It's more like awkward. She chained her arm with mine just like she did at Micky Ds . We walked over to a comfortable spot waiting for the train , although we didn't have to wait that much. The train came by fast and we rode it. When we got to the rink I felt the wind blow through my hair. I mostly felt it because Angelina's hair was all over my face. Today's weather : windy.

"It's been a while since I've came here." She cheered as she squished my arm. Ouch. I thought. After her awkward excitement, she took me to get some skates . And as soon as we got in the rink I knew I would bust my as*. I saw how Angelina just skated right through me without a care. She was really good and I could see it, I actually think everyone did.

"Uhh.." I tried getting Angelina's attention. "Uh hmm Ang?! I can't do this ." She smiled, as she skated towards me I kept holding onto the wall. I was terrified of letting go.

"Why so serious?" She made a pouted face at me. I rolled my eyes at her, "come on Austin, let go." She tried detaching my hands off the cold wall. I shook my head no. I told her I couldn't do it.

I heard someone yell Angelina's name. I looked back at the direction her name was coming from. I didn't really recognize any of them. They were probably her friends from her old school .

They skated their way over to us, I thought about how embarrassing it was to be in a situation like this. "Hey Ang. I haven't seen you in like forever." One of her friends said. Angelina said something like , "missed you so much." It's a blur from what she actually said because I was trying to get myself out of their sight.

One of her friends, a guy, brought up how they should catch up on the months missed. I knew what that meant. "Uhm actually Im out with Austin right now." I thought how since she wasn't helping me she might as well just leave.

"Oh come Angelina Im sure your friend Austin wouldn't really mind." He said looking over at me and giving me a chill smile . I shrugged . "Yeah Angelina just, you can go." She gave me a nervous smile but made her way out.

'Okay, now all I have to do is get out of here' I thought. 'I just gotta keep my cool while I awkwardly make my way out of this horror'
"Yeah that literally made no sense." I slapped my forehead knowing how stupid I looked.

"Not so good at ice skating?" And that's when I knew. I knew it was literally 'the horror' it was her. The one person I really didn't want finding me in this awkward situation. I felt my face get hot red with embarrassment.

"I -- I Uhm don't know what you're t-talking about." I tried playing it cool but as my palms were getting sweaty holding on to the wall was a fail. I heard her giggle. D*mn she's beautiful... I thought. And I also thought that Getting it together would help me get out of this situation.

"Really?" She laughed, "alright then, beat you to the other side." She smiled at me and I knew she knew I couldn't do it. I just had to make sure she knew. I didn't want to let her go just like that .

"Okay. Okay." I said with one hand up in a 'high five' position. I smiled stupidly, as I starred into those brown eyes of hers. "You got me," I said, "I wish you wouldn't of noticed though." I laughed as she helped me out.

"It's pretty easy." She said leading me out to the exit. "If you want I could teach you sometime." I placed one foot out of the rink which made me feel so free. I took out a breathe of relief as she came out with me.

And then, just then. I looked into her brown beautiful eyes again, responding to her offer, "That would be great." She looked back at me and I swear to you that those were the best 20 seconds I've ever lived . I kept thinking to myself how beautiful she was, how beautiful she is .

After what had happened earlier that day I decided that until I learned how to ice skate, I wouldn't be anywhere near that ice . Unless Becky, was there to save me.

As we walked to her train I felt like I was letting go forever. I couldn't bear with the thought. Even though she had given me her number I still didn't want her to leave, because that meant sleepless nights thinking about missing her company for me .

As she stood in front of her train, ready to close the doors . She stepped in and stood there waiting for both doors to meet . She smiled shyly and I thought about how she felt . I thought about how I felt . And then I thought about how we could be feeling the same thing ... for each other .

And I can also swear to you that those were the worst 20 seconds I've ever lived . After that the doors started to make there way to meet . They were closing and I felt empty again. I knew I'd see her again but this empty feeling was only gone when Im with her . She waved goodbye but I waved see you later .

I walked myself to my train, I thought that's the least I could do for myself . I went home empty . And didn't sleep thinking about missing her .
Those were my worst nights . Sleepless nights .