Disclaimer

The story of Harry Potter, its characters and settings belong to J.K. Rowling. The same follows for Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

I have tailored both stories to fit this merged version as best as possible, so there are naturally some inconsistencies and deviations from the plot (this also helps so you don't always know what will happen next!)

You do not need to have read Pride and Prejudice in order to understand the story, although it might help. However if you have read the novel, you may perhaps enjoy the parallels that are included slightly more.

Although I took many events from The Goblet of Fire, please interpret the characters' ages as you wish. I do not necessarily intend for them to be in 4th year. Also certain characters / events come from the other books.

This means that it is not set in any particular year. Events are mainly from GOF (as these worked best with the P&P storyline) but the story blends across years and almost time itself. For example, Dobby is still the Malfoys' house elf etc.

There are some age differences that haven't been stuck to. For example, Luna and Ginny being in the same year as Hermione and both Viktor Krum and Tonks' ages. For the purposes of this story, I've placed Padma Patil in Gryffindor instead of Ravenclaw.

Just to let you know, I do not mind if you wish to leave comments about other fan fictions or constructive criticism on my work. I know that some other authors have issues with this, but I find it to be quite the contrary. Please, feel free to comment whatever you want and interpret what I write however you wish.

Also available on Archive of Our Own (AO3). Username: skjcartwork

Contains mature content: explicit language, drug & alcohol use, explicit sexual content, references to death, murder and suicide.
Reader discretion is advised.