Chapter 3

The next morning in the Gryffindor girls' dorm.

Hermione's eyes gradually began to open, firstly taking notice of the unbearable pounding in her head, and then of the anxious expressions of her fellow Gryffindors.

They all rushed to speak as soon as she gained consciousness, which only made her headache worse.

Ginny silenced them all with a loud and forceful: "shut it!", much to Hermione's gratification.

"What in Godric's name happened last night?"

Her hair was tied up in a ponytail, but her hair had been down last night. She was also wearing a t-shirt that didn't belong to her, but it looked like Parvati's.

She immediately flung herself out of bed and stumbled over to the mirror, still feeling a little intoxicated, and saw that her makeup was gone too. Two heavy purple and blue bags appeared underneath her eyes. She fell back down onto the bed and covered her face with her hands.

Parvati decided to break the news: "Oh Mione, you accidentally had a bit too much to drink and when you were dancing with Cedric Diggory, congratulations by the wa-"

Padma whacked Parvati, causing her to wince in pain.

"What? We were all thinking it," she defended.

"What my sister was trying to say was that you fell flat on your face when you were dancing with Cedric Diggory. He helped you up and you proceeded to literally abandon the poor boy and went over to Malfoy for some peculiar reason. We don't know exactly what you said to him but we came over and got you before anything escalated and took you straight to bed where you proceeded to projectile vomit for the rest of the night."

"We tied your hair up in a ponytail, got rid of your dress - which we had to bin unfortunately because it was covered in vomit, and removed your makeup. I'm not sure where your shoes went because you were barefoot when we grabbed you but I hope that's not too much of an issue," added Ginny.

"Merlin have mercy, I am mortified," she exclaimed, covering her face in shame. "I sincerely apologise for ruining your nights. Oh and what are the others going to say?"

By the others she meant Draco Malfoy. But they did not need to know that.

What on Earth could she have possibly said to him?

It was Luna who spoke next. "Oh don't worry, Mione. It was nearing the end of the formal and people had already begun to leave. We were planning on leaving soon anyway."

"What she means to say is that Blaise, Ron, Harry and Neville had already left and we had nothing keeping us there any longer," Ginny teased.

"And you made the night unforgettable. We won't let you live this one down, Granger," winked Parvati.

It was clear the girls were not disappointed in Hermione, only worried for her health, which reassured her enough to change the subject.

"And you, little Miss Lovegood, I can see the smile stamped on your face. Good night, to say the least?"

Luna's face lit up and she nodded nervously. "He is just what a young man ought to be. I am very well pleased by him."

"Oh, she's just being shy, last night she couldn't stop talking about how much she liked him," Ginny laughed playfully.

Hermione felt a slight pang of guilt at having missed out on congratulating her friend last night and attempted to make up for it now.

"I give you full leave to like him, Luna. You've liked many a stupider person."