3: A weird conversation

Reggie was walking back from school. While she wad walking on the side walk. She heard Todd and Esther run up to her shouting her name. "Reggie!". Esther came up hugging her in relief. "Oh thank goodness you're okay!".

"What happened?". Todd asked.

Reggie wasn't sure how to start off from that question. "Uhh...well, it's really hard to explain".

"Explain what?". Esther asked.

"You're not gonna believe me...".

"Reggie, we're your friends....just tell us". Todd said.

Reggie swallowed hard. "*sigh*....will you both believe me when I tell you?". Reggie asked.

Todd and Esther nodded. "Yes".

Reggie then took a deep breath and spoke. "At endless island. I was goofing off by myself and was just minding my business. When I heard something in the bushes and this....this large giant bat-thingy popped out of nowhere. And well it attacked me and...the butt witch took me l-".

"The butt witch!?". Esther interrupted.

Reggie then got a headache and sighed in annoyance. "Esther can you not be loud? It's causing a headache....".

"Oh sorry!". Esther apologized.

"And well the butt witch took me and....she bandaged my leg. I thought she kidnapped me when I woke up or attacked you guys. And she started to act weird....she said she wanted to change and be good..". Reggie said.

Esther and Todd were silent. They seemed weirded out and confused.

"And then?". Todd asked.

"Well, I yelled at her that's she can't be good and I called her a butt witch....which angred her". Reggie.

"Really Reggie? She helped you!". Todd said.

"Well she took me against my will! She was probably trying to gain my trust and attack me without me seeing it coming!". Reggie said.

"And yet you didn't even thank her?". Todd asked.

"No, And why should I? She's just a bad guy! And you remembered from last time! She nearly destroyed the island....and almost killed us. She is obviously messing with me". Reggie lashed out.

Esther was silent. Todd didn't respond.

"Reggie....what attacked you?". Todd asked.

Reggie got tensed when hearing that question. The ugly image of the creature growling and pouncing on her. It made her skin crawl. But she answered. "It was some weird giant looking bag thing". Reggie responded.

"A bat thing? Giant bat?". Todd asked.

Reggie nodded.

"Reggie....maybe there's something in endless island. Is it part of your imagination?". Todd asked.

"No. I don't think it is...but this has never happened before". Reggie said.

"Maybe there's something not right, maybe some evil hiding somewhere?". Esther said.

"Tomorrow we're going to investigate endless island. And find where ever the giant bat could be". Todd said.

"What if there's something a lot worse than just a giant bat?". Eshter asked.

Todd looked at Reggie. "Well if there is....we'll deal with it!". Reggie said. Trying to sound confident.

"Well right now is not the time. It's a friday afternoon so we'll deal with it tomorrow". Todd said.

Afterwards Reggie, Todd, and Esther walked home safely. The rest of the day Reggie felt uneasy.

(Fast forward)

Reggie brushed her teeth. She washed her mouth out and spit in the sink. She washed her hands and went to her bedroom.

Her mom was working late and her brother was in the living room. Reggie usually would get midnight snack before brushing her teeth. But this time she didn't.

Dustin stared at Reggie as she headed upstairs. It was unusual for her to just go to bed before getting a midnight snack.

Reggie then jumped on her bed. She only stared at the ceiling. Reggie honestly wasn't sure why she seemed to be acting like this. She then pulled the covers on her. Reggie then heard Dustin head over to his bedroom when she heard the door shut and locked.

Reggie pulled over the covers and wasn't able to get much sleep. Her mind was still stuck on the situation of the weird giant bat creature and the awkward encounter butt witch helping her. She shut those thoughts out and forced herself to sleep.

The Butt witch took a night stroll. She honestly wasn't sure what came to her from the last encounter with Reggie.

The thought of seeing Reggie hurt or upset. It strucked her and made her worry in some strange matter. Like as if her cold hear suddenly filled with care, concern, and kindness.

Butt witch then went to the beach and walked in the cold salt water that shined from the moonlight.

She then stared up at the sky. Looking at random shining stars, clouds, and the full bright moon. This weird feeling in her. She had never felt in a long time. Although she had some care for Big deal. She mostly cared about herself and nobody else. But now....she was starting to grow like a worrying woman. Feeling the need to protect a child. And that child was Reggie. Her supposedly enemy.

Earlier she had scared her when she was just trying to help her. But she had nearly snapped in that moment. She managed to stop herself when she saw the look of Reggie's eyes. The look of scared child if there saw something like a ghost or a boogeyman.

Butt witch then gripped her hair in frustration. She then stomped back to the pink vaccum. Big deal was cooking her a night dinner. "Y-You're back mam! Was your walk alright?". Big deal asked.

"*sigh*....I don't know Big deal...I just don't know....". Butt witch said.

Big deal's smiled dissapeared.

"....was it something to do with Twelve mam?". Big Deal asked.

"I rather not bring that up. Now, I'm starving". Butt witch said aggressively.

"I'm sorry mam. That was stupid of me. I made you some chicken!". Big deal said. As he handed the green woman a fork, a knife, and a napkin. Butt witch ate all of the food.

Latet on. Big deal slept in his cage while Butt witch just layed in bed. Feeling these confused emotions. Like sadness, worry, or anger....the anger of killing or snapping.

Maybe if she sees Twelve again. Maybe she can try and apologize to her. Aside from that....Butt witch wondered what exactly attacked Reggie. There was something else on this island. Something disturbing.

Butt witch aggressively pulled the covers and slept under them keeping herself warm attempting to sleep.